TheZombieGame.com Forums
District-Z KS is Live! - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Anything Goes (/Forum-Anything-Goes)
+--- Thread: District-Z KS is Live! (/Thread-District-Z-KS-is-Live)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: District-Z KS is Live! - Sarku - 07-24-2014 06:21 PM

Actually, my day job is taking a lot of time lately... : )

Stretch Goals... There are a couple more, BUT I need to get the final quote back from the printer before I proceed... SOOOO... we'll go from that point when I get it.

RE: District-Z KS is Live! - soundguy - 07-24-2014 07:00 PM

I know you don't need to hear this from the underlings.. but you so deserve the sucess that D-Z has garnerd this time around. Most of us I believe, felt you were pretty well robbed the first time.

Just seeing some of the PROMO stuff, I can already tell I'll be retireing many of the boxed set zombie games I've picked up over the last few years. Out of kindness to the loosers i won't mention their names. Watchmen02

I can't wait to see the District Z 2 Zombie03

RE: District-Z KS is Live! - Old Dwarf - 07-24-2014 08:44 PM

Mid-Afternoon & were just a little over $300 to get to 29K.

SG my thoughts as well, I really felt bad when the 1st KS went down because
I thought the Game was cool but also for the work Sarku had put into it.

It's funny the pledging just keeps growing even with Zombicide3 sucking up 2 Mil.
& D-Z still doesn't get that much Buzz on BGG.I guess people are telling people.

I think we'll find Rubio Games has legs after this & Sarku has also revealed
that The Camp Ground is just a little taste of Pine Forest, which sounds like a
stand alone Game.

If Sarku can keep his release schedule for Sept.(with all the SG) D-Z shall be our
Halloween Game of Choice.

OD

RE: District-Z KS is Live! - soundguy - 07-24-2014 09:18 PM

im hyped!

i've already told my game group to clear their calanders for a while when this comes in.

RE: District-Z KS is Live! - Old Dwarf - 07-25-2014 12:45 PM

AM Look/See-$20 more & it's 29K!!!-so once more we've run out of SG(although
Sarku is working on it). Some discussion on KS that we may be working George to death
& too many extra Goodies could hold up release.

Frankly D-Z has delivered the Goods & I'm satisfied to hold but as some backers
pointed out the Campaign is only about 1/2 way done, so new SG could turn out
more backers. Besides it's fun watching & waiting for new stuff.

OD

PS By the time I posted this we blew through $29K by $65. New Stretch,New Stretch,New Stretch

RE: District-Z KS is Live! - soundguy - 07-25-2014 02:10 PM

Yep, I see it both ways, more stretch goals will keep investors coming, but also makes work for George, plus production lead time. I hope this gives George some funding for future ideas too.

back to current situation, could always toss in easy to produce stretch goals, like just a single card per goal vs the multi card goals, maybee neat ones like a safe house or CDC field camp, perhaps custom items like a hazmat suit that prevents an infection counter and or wound ( discard to use), but having the hazmat might give u access to a special quarantined location, that location might have no zeds, but might let u search the item deck for a specific objective, med kit or something useful, IE not random draw, but a search, same way with safe house, perhaps there find an unused survivor card, equip it withe the first item or a specific item from the deck, then add that character as a companion maybee derate their health or roll health, or run them like they are, these are just ideas my game group has house ruled into other games over the decades... Etc

RE: District-Z KS is Live! - Old Dwarf - 07-25-2014 03:03 PM

OR.............how about $35K-" An Evening with George Rubio" including a tour of the
Hot Spots in Chambersburg PA.

OD

RE: District-Z KS is Live! - Sarku - 07-25-2014 04:58 PM

An Evening with George... We'll visit the Chambersburg Mall and Target. Our evening will culminate with dinner at Chipotle... LOL...

RE: District-Z KS is Live! - soundguy - 07-25-2014 09:04 PM

My first thought was those 'evenings with so and so' , i imagine might turn out odd as the person that shows up might be not socially normal.. then I thought. DOH ( head slapping sound ) this IS a zombie / game board.. so i ASSUME most of us fall into that category. Zombie03

I already have a card table cleared in the dining room where District Z will be unpacked and setup and played the first time.

That section of the dining room is off limits.. and nothing gets to use the table till then. Watchmen02

RE: District-Z KS is Live! - soundguy - 07-26-2014 01:07 AM

i just looked over the 8 player variant. I think we will be house ruling it with extra objectives, and more city cards so that all players can win in a semi coop fashion. it. 'team' it out. no man left behind kinda deal. Watchmen02