TheZombieGame.com Forums
which expansion would you recommend i buy first - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE General Discussion (/Forum-LNoE-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: which expansion would you recommend i buy first (/Thread-which-expansion-would-you-recommend-i-buy-first)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: which expansion would you recommend i buy first - mqstout - 06-21-2017 12:47 PM

Survival of the Fittest is the weakest of the [actual] expansions. Growing Hunger is the strongest -- it has a lot of the best scenarios.

Get Hero Pack 1 right now, before it sells out again (recently reprinted) and you'll have to wait years for a copy.

My ranking:

Base Game, Growing Hunger, HP1, Timber Peak, Blood in the Forest, Survival of the Fittest. There are also a bunch of mini expansions available directly from the Frog on their website, individual scenarios and alternate miniatures. I did not include those in my ranking, though some are quite good.

Why is Survival... so low? It has a lot of quirky rules that interconnect, that add complexity to the game for, in my mind, not much benefit. Barricade rules, and special hard-to-get cards. The basic Hero cards that come with it tend to rely on those cards, too, so, if you use them, you'll need Survival in the game (example: "Draw a Survival Item." event card.)

This is also why I'm not too fond of Timber Peak. I don't like the experience rules very much. It doesn't add much, but at least it isn't a huge pain to use.

RE: which expansion would you recommend i buy first - Spinx - 06-23-2017 05:44 AM

So what's the deal with hero pack one? It looks to me like it's just heroes mostly. Is it worth getting? With shipping that's like $36 where GH is like $40. For the value it looks like GH is the one to go with. Will I kick myself down the road when hero pack one is no longer in print?

RE: which expansion would you recommend i buy first - mqstout - 06-23-2017 01:56 PM

HP1 will likely hit distribution and be available in places other than ordering directly from the Frog. Hopefully.

RE: which expansion would you recommend i buy first - fallensaviour - 06-23-2017 02:45 PM

Hero pack 1 is usually always sold out,it is very tricky to get.So not getting it is risky but for your best dollar I'd go with growing hunger.