TheZombieGame.com Forums
Shipping has Started! - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Shadows of Brimstone (/Forum-Shadows-of-Brimstone)
+--- Forum: SoB General Discussion (/Forum-SoB-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Shipping has Started! (/Thread-Shipping-has-Started)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Shipping has Started! - Old Dwarf - 10-02-2014 11:15 AM

Per the BGG Forum... few more backers have received their Shipping notices &
they all seem to be in California so I guess us East Coast types may be in for
a wait.

It doesn't appear that order # are being used the CA. Backer order # was over
2000 more than mine.

OD

RE: Shipping has Started! - SpoKnight - 10-03-2014 05:52 AM

Strange that it is in California and not Washington... Since they are based there right?

RE: Shipping has Started! - Old Dwarf - 10-03-2014 12:22 PM

(10-03-2014 05:52 AM)SpoKnight Wrote:  Strange that it is in California and not Washington... Since they are based there right?

I thought so too Zombie12 plus these backers are in Southern CA
which isn't all that close to Washington State. Maybe they
had large #'s of backers there?

In any case NJ will probably be right up against Christmas
or at best Thanksgiving. I guess I could always e-mail Soundgirl
to have my Games sent out ASAP Watchmen02

OD

RE: Shipping has Started! - Raynor - 10-03-2014 03:32 PM

It sometimes surprises me just how long it takes some companies to ship things. I don't want to be impatient but 2 months is a lot of time. I've worked several temp warehouse jobs in the past and I know for a fact it is possible to ship out a few thousand of anything in much less time if you put your mind to it.

I worked at a winery for a couple days on two different occasions and we had a team of about 6 people total package about 10,000 bottles in 3 days and had them shipped out within that week. Sure... wine isn't a complicated board game but we also only took at most a week to finish everything.

I've also worked at a medical parts shipping factory and a team of maybe 8-10 people would sort, package, and ship about a thousand medical gear orders a day.

Then I also once worked at a TV repair factory.... and we did similar turnaround while repairing TVs.

I mean I'm not trying to be impatient here but this isn't the first time I've heard of something like this in the gaming industry. When I decided to paint my Malifaux I ordered a Battlefoam bag. It wasn't a special order or anything. It was just a generic bag, but it still took them like 7 weeks to deliver it. Come on guys...

I want to be as patient as these things deserve. I understand that development can have hiccups. I even understand that mailing stuff out can take some time... but 2+ months of time? really? I sincerely hope that Flying Frog is just attempting to err on the side of caution in that statement.

RE: Shipping has Started! - StayPuft - 10-03-2014 04:31 PM

I just got my shipping notification on Tuesday! I am very excited and cannot wait! Hopefully that is a sign that they are just erring on the side of caution and more and more people will get them much sooner.

RE: Shipping has Started! - Raynor - 10-03-2014 04:35 PM

Woot! That's awesome SP! I'm really happy for you. I hope you're right here. I trust you'll be sharing your enjoyment and painting/gaming adventures with the rest of us.

RE: Shipping has Started! - Old Dwarf - 10-03-2014 04:48 PM

(10-03-2014 04:31 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I just got my shipping notification on Tuesday! I am very excited and cannot wait! Hopefully that is a sign that they are just erring on the side of caution and more and more people will get them much sooner.

Well there goes my theory that they are starting on the West Coast .Your just a hop/skip from me so maybe I may still
get mine soon.

OD

RE: Shipping has Started! - Odie - 10-03-2014 04:58 PM

I live in the Los Angeles area, and I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet. I believe I was in the second round of PM confirmations - I assumed they would ship to the first wave of PM's first as they got them, and work their way down the list of waves rather than do it by region?

RE: Shipping has Started! Oh Flying Frog - Old Dwarf - 10-05-2014 12:51 PM

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAA Zombie23 Zombie23
I WANT MY SHIPPING NOTICE ...The Summers gone the
flowers all are dying & tis you tis you Frog who must deliver.

End of Rant (for now)

OD

RE: Shipping has Started! - StayPuft - 10-06-2014 06:02 PM

I should be receiving my package this week. I cannot wait. Curious, though. I wonder if there is some order to how they are sending them. Maybe it isn't necessarily a regional order.