TheZombieGame.com Forums
What games have you bought recently? - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Board Games (/Forum-Board-Games)
+--- Thread: What games have you bought recently? (/Thread-What-games-have-you-bought-recently)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: What games have you bought recently? - Raynor - 07-14-2021 08:54 AM

(07-09-2021 12:28 AM)rpgspree Wrote:  I tried Zombicide once. It has some interesting ideas, but a few of the rules felt broken and ill conceived. Some of that was supposed to have been addressed in later editions. I never got back to it tough. Robinson Crusoe has been on my list for awhile. It's still fairly sought after, so it's hard to find for a decent price. Have you tried the Zpocalypse sequel, Defend the Burbs?

BTW OD, I don't know if you have it but CoolStuffInc has Arkham Horror: Secrets of the Order on sale. I grabbed a copy on reserve. Hopefully I can get the rest before then.

I have not. My friend who owned the game bought it but didn't open it before he decided to sell the game. It's a game I'd generally be willing to play but wasn't willing to buy when my buddy got rid of it.

Zombicide's rules have come a long way since 1st edition. The core is still there but it's been highly optimized and streamlined. I backed the Western edition when it was on Kickstarter. Currently working through a friend's copy of Night of the Living Dead Zombicide which he prefers to Last Night on Earth (crazy I tell you)

I didn't realize you could reserve stuff on CSI! I regret!!!!

RE: What games have you bought recently? - rpgspree - 07-14-2021 10:36 AM

(07-14-2021 08:54 AM)Raynor Wrote:  I have not. My friend who owned the game bought it but didn't open it before he decided to sell the game. It's a game I'd generally be willing to play but wasn't willing to buy when my buddy got rid of it.

Zombicide's rules have come a long way since 1st edition. The core is still there but it's been highly optimized and streamlined. I backed the Western edition when it was on Kickstarter. Currently working through a friend's copy of Night of the Living Dead Zombicide which he prefers to Last Night on Earth (crazy I tell you)

I didn't realize you could reserve stuff on CSI! I regret!!!!

Just found out about that myself when I went to check the shipping for Dead of Night. I don't recall CSI having that option when I started investing in the hobby again a few years ago.

RE: What games have you bought recently? - Old Dwarf - 07-28-2021 01:30 PM

Bayonets & Tomahawks

I have Wilderness Empires a Block Game that covers the same war
but it was cumbersome as the point to point map board spaces were
too small for all the Blocks to fit ( you could stack 12+ Blocks) &
the OoB's were somewhat lacking.It did a good job of handling
18th Century warfare in set battles but lacked ebb/flow of Raids that
were a big part of the conflict in N.America .

Bayonets & Tomahawks corrects the above (at the cost of more involved
rules).The Forces OoB's are spot on & includes forces that were not
actually used in N.America but were available but also allows you to use
only the historical units.

PS-This Game is terrific !!!. I been playing the full Campaign from 1755-1759 (just started 1758) 1 Turn per day.
The Map & Counters are really nice & it's mechanics truly captures the period warfare.If anyone is interested
in the period it's a must have Game.

OD

In my"Mountain of Shame " I have enough 6mm figure strands to
paint up all the Regiments/Artillery/Colonial /Indian Units. They could
be set up when battles /raids occur without changing the rules ,it would
lengthen the game but would look cool .

PSS-After playing this Game for 3 weeks (I play 1 turn a day)the Brits won
at the end of 1758-a year ahead of their actual victory. Again a Great Game!

OD

RE: What games have you bought recently? - Old Dwarf - 08-18-2021 09:51 PM

Age of Thieves

Just when I thought my Plastic was safe :Watchmen02 .I got an email from MM on their Sale,I usually check them out although I was not
planning to get anything.BUT!!!! they were offering Age of Thieves a $65 Game for $15 . It's a big Game (over 28 figs/ lots
of Cards & Tokens) I had never heard of it so I checked on BGG.

It's set in a City (really cool Board map) & the objective is for Thieves to steal the Emperor's Jewel & escape the City.
The City Guards & Captains try to stop them & are AI run.2-8 Thieves (6 Core & 2 from an Expansion) are the players
& it's Thief vs Thief.In checking out the Rules I saw it would be fairly easy to add some Solo Rules.

The Theme is close to the Cadwallon Game which I had set that in Hell Game World of New Jerusalem so I needed a new
Theme & decided to place it in the Zamorian City of Arenjun (AKA City of Thieves) from Conan adventure in the Temple of the Elephant.

Thus having a Game World in place I ordered the Game & it's Expansion (Master of Disquise) for another $15.

OD

RE: What games have you bought recently? - Old Dwarf - 08-19-2021 11:45 AM

Damn I was checking the Game images for Age of Thieves on BGG & noticed that the City Game Board was obviously a port city & Zamora is land Locked !
So I had to change the Game background to a country with a port city.The choice was fairly obvious Argo's capital Messantia so I
updated the my background to reflect that city.

OD

RE: What games have you bought recently? - rpgspree - 08-20-2021 01:44 AM

Finally manged to get a new copy of AH3 Dead of Night. It was a challenge squeezing everything into the base box with the card trays assembled. LOL I'm still stuck with the random cards from the other copy.

Also picked up Zpocalypse 2 along with the Wasteland expansion.

RE: What games have you bought recently? - Old Dwarf - 08-20-2021 11:13 AM

(08-20-2021 01:44 AM)rpgspree Wrote:  Finally manged to get a new copy of AH3 Dead of Night. It was a challenge squeezing everything into the base box with the card trays assembled. LOL I'm still stuck with the random cards from the other copy.

Congrats on finally getting a mint copy Watchmen02 I never was able to get those
card holders into the box (& I sure wasn't going to try to disassemble them)

I put them in a plastic shoe box along with my AH Investigator Figs.

OD

RE: What games have you bought recently? - rpgspree - 08-20-2021 06:22 PM

(08-20-2021 11:13 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  
(08-20-2021 01:44 AM)rpgspree Wrote:  Finally manged to get a new copy of AH3 Dead of Night. It was a challenge squeezing everything into the base box with the card trays assembled. LOL I'm still stuck with the random cards from the other copy.

Congrats on finally getting a mint copy Watchmen02 I never was able to get those
card holders into the box (& I sure wasn't going to try to disassemble them)

I put them in a plastic shoe box along with my AH Investigator Figs.

OD

I sorted the tokens into bags and stuffed them in every random opening. Then again, you have more of the expansions then I do. :P

RE: What games have you bought recently? - Old Dwarf - 08-20-2021 07:05 PM

I do have all the Expansions & although I did incorporate Dead of Night content into the Core Box I Kept
Under Dark Waves & Secrets of the Order in their own boxes(with the exception of the generic cards) as
it makes the set up of those Scenarios easier.

OD

RE: What games have you bought recently? - rpgspree - 08-21-2021 05:32 AM

It certainly would have been easier if I'd taken the insert out. I rarely do that, but if I mange to get Dark Waves, I'd probably make that exception.