TheZombieGame.com Forums
Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE Rules? (/Forum-LNoE-Rules)
+--- Thread: Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes (/Thread-Number-Of-Zombie-VS-Number-Of-Heroes)

Pages: 1 2

Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes - jlafan2001 - 10-27-2015 05:34 PM

I was thinking of running a scenario with 16 heroes. 8 from LNOE, 4 from GH and 4 from Hero Pack 1. 4 players will be playing with 4 heroes each. I was wanting to run the scenario with Zombie Horde (35) which will be 14 from the core game, 7 from GH, 7 purple and 7 black from the web store. I will either have one zombie player play them all or split them between two players. I will also be using 8 L-shaped tiles and a center tile. Is 35 zombies too much for 16 heroes?

RE: Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes - ATOEtalGeek - 10-27-2015 06:18 PM

If anything I might say 35 is not enough. The necessary balance is in the cards though - typically Event cards, Scenario Search Items and Weapons - vs - the number or Zombie cards available in a round. With 16 Heroes potentially drawing cards during a round versus the Zombie hand limited to 3 or 4 the weight of the card effects will quickly stack up against the Zombies.

RE: Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes - jlafan2001 - 10-27-2015 06:40 PM

I didn't think of that. Do you think that 3 or 4 zombie players would balance things out a bit? Perhaps one zombie player for every four heroes?

RE: Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes - ATOEtalGeek - 10-27-2015 07:25 PM

Yes, it would. You have to keep the balance in the available cards somehow, as well as the ratio of zombies.

RE: Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes - jlafan2001 - 10-27-2015 07:35 PM

I will use all the cards from LNOE, GH and the hero pack. I can keep the zombie player's card hand to 4 cards each instead of narrowing it down to 2. Do you think that would balance it a bit more?

RE: Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes - samuraitrev - 10-27-2015 08:52 PM

Go for it. It will be an apocalypse. Let us know how it goes. Maybe do a game report with photos.Watchmen02

RE: Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes - mqstout - 10-28-2015 01:14 PM

Do it with 4 separate zombie players, each with his own "normal" limits (cards, zombies) and counts only his own for spawning new. Maybe stagger it ZP1, HP1 (with 4 heroes), ZP2, HP2 (with 4 heroes)...

RE: Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes - sgiove - 11-02-2015 03:29 AM

Just curious, if you use all 16 survivors, what happens when a hero dies? I'm assuming they won't get replaced?

RE: Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes - jlafan2001 - 11-02-2015 06:25 PM

A hero won't be replaced when it dies but it will still turn into a zombie hero regardless of the black zone. The player will still have three other heroes to control

RE: Number Of Zombie VS Number Of Heroes - StayPuft - 11-06-2015 07:20 PM

I think the others have offered helpful advice on how to keep this balanced. I will just say that I think this sounds AWESOME! I wish I could be part of giving this a try. My gaming group isn't typically big enough to accommodate that many players all at once. At least not enough to make this manageable for both the Zombie and Hero side.