TheZombieGame.com Forums
Any big horror movie collections out there? - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Media (/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Any big horror movie collections out there? (/Thread-Any-big-horror-movie-collections-out-there)

Any big horror movie collections out there? - goodcop2000 - 01-24-2017 07:13 PM

I've enjoyed watching horror movies for a long time, but it's only been about 3 years since I started collecting them. Pawn shops are great resources to help build a collection!

Counting individual movies in multi-packs, I now own 749 movies that I classify as horrors or thrillers, including ones that are also comedies like Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead. I've only watched 469 of them so far, so I limit my purchases now but once you start collecting something it's hard to stop.

I'm interested to know who out there has really big collections (I've seen guys with several thousand in some collector's groups on Facebook) and if you're able to keep up with viewing them.

gc2K

RE: Any big horror movie collections out there? - samuraitrev - 01-24-2017 10:11 PM

That's a huge collection! I've just had a quick count and I only have an embarrassing 117 (hangs head in shame)

RE: Any big horror movie collections out there? - goodcop2000 - 01-26-2017 09:55 AM

(01-24-2017 10:11 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  That's a huge collection! I've just had a quick count and I only have an embarrassing 117 (hangs head in shame)

Ha ha...no shame necessary, samurai! Before I started actively collecting, I probably had about 20 horror movies. I just watched everything from cable TV or on Netflix. Now that I own a lot, I have to say there is something satisfying about having the physical discs instead of streaming. Similarly, I still prefer to read physical books instead of using an e-reader. I'm not sure young folks will ever feel that way because they've grown up with everything digital and on demand.

gc2k