TheZombieGame.com Forums
Looking forward to trying this variant - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: A Touch of Evil (/Forum-A-Touch-of-Evil)
+--- Forum: AToE Variants (/Forum-AToE-Variants)
+--- Thread: Looking forward to trying this variant (/Thread-Looking-forward-to-trying-this-variant)

Looking forward to trying this variant - MaskedMinstrel - 11-24-2019 06:10 PM

Didn't want to necro the old thread that was 4 years old from the last post.

Tactical Play Hunting The Night.

Looking forward to giving this a shot, as we find the first few turns of the game seem very without definitive purpose other than having 'Something' happen.
I also liked someones suggestion to trigger the removal of a villains ability you had to fight a single round against them and inflict a wound to succeed.

Haven't tried it yet but love that it doesn't require any extra components, this is something the frogs should consider for their 10th Anniversary Edition maybe as an optional rule.

RE: Looking forward to trying this variant - BigDumbYak - 11-25-2019 03:59 PM

Hey, I got AToE a while back and haven't gotten it to the table yet, can you link me to that post?

RE: Looking forward to trying this variant - MaskedMinstrel - 11-25-2019 08:20 PM

(11-25-2019 03:59 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Hey, I got AToE a while back and haven't gotten it to the table yet, can you link me to that post?

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/65094/hunting-night-expanded-tactical-play-atoe

RE: Looking forward to trying this variant - Pfr_Fate - 11-28-2019 02:37 PM

As the creator of this variant, I must caution not to focus TOO much on the tasks and so ignore the normal but vital game play. There is a natural tendency to do so. Yet you still need weapons, better attributes, defenses, and event cards. You don’t have time to do everything!

Focus on one or maybe two tasks that might prove very beneficial to your character mix and accept any task that might just pop out randomly.

RE: Looking forward to trying this variant - Achtung Panzer - 11-29-2019 05:25 PM

Excellent contribution - thank you for developing this.

RE: Looking forward to trying this variant - LinkDirector - 12-04-2019 09:12 AM

Looks fun, I'll have to try it