TheZombieGame.com Forums
The Cursed Brethren - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: A Touch of Evil (/Forum-A-Touch-of-Evil)
+--- Forum: AToE Variants (/Forum-AToE-Variants)
+--- Thread: The Cursed Brethren (/Thread-The-Cursed-Brethren)

Pages: 1 2

The Cursed Brethren - Cheshirekat72a - 07-22-2020 06:55 PM

I have had this variant kicking around in my imagination for a while. While I do not have my copy of the Coast yet, and I know that my idea is a bit like the Ghost Ship, it also has some key differences while still heavily infused with the theme of cursed pirates.

Whereas the Ghost Ship and is Captain/Crew are clearly of the spirit world, my pirate mateys would sit a bit more loosely between the worlds of the living and the dead. Think along the lines of the Black Pearl's cursed crew from the 1st Pirates of the Carribean fim, and you have it in a nutshell. Having stolen cursed treasure, they are both undead and yet living.

Villian:
The Dread Pirate Barbossa

Fight: 5

Wounds: 5

Ability: Puppet Master - Barbossa's honeyed words and magnetism easily sway those of weaker will, especially when accompanied by the draw of sharing in cursed plunder. In any showdown (including one-round encounters) all corrupted town elders will fight with him. During Showdowns, they will always take wounds before a final wound can be inflicted on him.

Advanced Abiliities:

Corruption: Any time a Town Elder would be killed, it is instead swayed by the lure of Cursed Gold to join the Brethern and joins their crew as an Evil Elder.

Cursed Gold. Each time a member of the Cursed Brethren is slain, it drops a piece of Cursed Gold. For each piece of Cursed Gold on the board, roll a d6 during the Mystery Phase and advance the Mystery Track by 1 on a roll of 6. The only way to dispose of the gold is if a Hero collects it while in the same location and returns it for consecration to the Church. A hero can only carry as many pieces of Cursed Gold as he has Honor Points.

Minion Chart

Roll Minion
1- The Cursed Shantey- All who hear the Cursed Brethren's bedeviled shantey in the distance feel the lure of the cursed treasure. Randomly select a Town elder by rolling a D6 and comparing to Honour and look at his/her secrets. If any would indicate the Elder is evil, it immedately flees and joins the Brethren and will fight with Barbarossa. If the Secrets do not indicate corruption, discard those secrets cards and draw a new number of Secrets cards equal to those discarded.

2-4 The Cursed Brethren *Human* Spirit* *Horde*
3 Fight Dice
3 Wounds 4 Investigation
Always spawn in d3 different locations. While the Darkness Track is on odd numbers, the Brethren take on their undead aspect, gain 1 Fight and 1 Wound, and can only be harmed by Spirit attacks. On even numbers, they can be harmed by mortal
means. They drop Cursed Gold when struck down.

5- The Hougan - A Priest who practices a corrupted form of Vodou and who is in league with the Brethren. Each time he would be killed, he spawns to a different point on the board and spawns d3 Vodou Zombies in random locations. He also spawns zombies each time the Darkness Track moves on or past a Red Spot and each time this entry is rolled on the Minion Chart. He does not move, but each turn he remains in place, his location receives a Corruption token. Each Mystery phase, roll a D6 for each Corruption token, and on a 1-2 draw an additional Mystery card. Once the Hougan is defeated and re-appears elsewhere, all the Corruption tokens at his previous location disappear.

The Huogan - 3 Fight Dice, 5 Wounds. 5 Investigation. On each hit scored on a hero with a roll of 6, the opposing Hero must randomly select an item to discard.

Vodou Zombie - *Undead* *Horde* 3 Fight Dice, 2 Wounds, 2 Investigation.

6 - Barbossa Attacks. A randomly selected Hero must fight a complete round against Barbossa himself, including any Cursed Elders in his crew. Each wound inflicted in Barbarossa instead produces 1 Investigation.

RE: The Cursed Brethren - ATOEtalGeek - 07-22-2020 08:36 PM

This sounds really fun to play. Thanks for sharing! Def. worth a print-n-play.

RE: The Cursed Brethren - Old Dwarf - 07-22-2020 10:45 PM

Interesting-great to see more fan material. I have the Coast Expansion so I'll copy this off to
give it a try.

OD

RE: The Cursed Brethren - Cheshirekat72a - 07-22-2020 10:53 PM

Thanks for your interest! I have not had a chance to playtest it, so it probably will need some tweaking. Feedback is always welcome!

If it turns out half-playable, I will format on some proper Villian/Minion cards.

RE: The Cursed Brethren - BigDumbYak - 07-23-2020 03:48 PM

If you want a hand with printable materials, let me know. That's where i thrive.
Heck I might even just make some up anyway :P

(07-22-2020 10:53 PM)Cheshirekat72a Wrote:  Thanks for your interest! I have not had a chance to playtest it, so it probably will need some tweaking. Feedback is always welcome!

If it turns out half-playable, I will format on some proper Villian/Minion cards.

RE: The Cursed Brethren - BigDumbYak - 07-23-2020 07:37 PM

Sometimes I can't help myself.
Barbossa Villain

RE: The Cursed Brethren - Cheshirekat72a - 07-23-2020 07:58 PM

MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BDY, you outdid yourself!! It looks bloody amazing!!! Thank you so much for being willing to jump in and create this. It might be an unconvential order in which to do things, but now I am REALLY stoked to playtest it this weekend! Will post a report.

I don't wish to push my luck, but any chance you might have the time to conjure up a Minion Chart?Insane20Insane20Insane20

Many thanks!

Jason

(07-23-2020 07:37 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Sometimes I can't help myself.
Barbossa Villain

RE: The Cursed Brethren - BigDumbYak - 07-23-2020 09:47 PM

Was actually working on the minion chart just now. Might have to do a little text editing to make it fit, the #5 roll is a big block of text Watchmen02 Keep an eye out, i'll post once i have something done.

I actually haven't even played my copy of AToE yet...lol

(07-23-2020 07:58 PM)Cheshirekat72a Wrote:  MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BDY, you outdid yourself!! It looks bloody amazing!!! Thank you so much for being willing to jump in and create this. It might be an unconvential order in which to do things, but now I am REALLY stoked to playtest it this weekend! Will post a report.

I don't wish to push my luck, but any chance you might have the time to conjure up a Minion Chart?Insane20Insane20Insane20

Many thanks!

Jason

Barbossa Villain

RE: The Cursed Brethren - Cheshirekat72a - 07-23-2020 10:25 PM

My god, that is awesome! Thank you!!!! Feel free to cut down any verbiage you think is too much or unhelpful. I am not known for being succint. :-D

Your admission that you have not yet played ToE is not that surpising to me, actually. Most of the games I own for which I have created or printed out the most custom content I have not played yet, so you're in good company!!

(07-23-2020 09:47 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Was actually working on the minion chart just now. Might have to do a little text editing to make it fit, the #5 roll is a big block of text Watchmen02 Keep an eye out, i'll post once i have something done.

I actually haven't even played my copy of AToE yet...lol

(07-23-2020 07:58 PM)Cheshirekat72a Wrote:  MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BDY, you outdid yourself!! It looks bloody amazing!!! Thank you so much for being willing to jump in and create this. It might be an unconvential order in which to do things, but now I am REALLY stoked to playtest it this weekend! Will post a report.

Many thanks!

Jason

Barbossa Villain

RE: The Cursed Brethren - BigDumbYak - 07-24-2020 09:00 PM

OK, not sure I'm 100% happy with this yet, but the weekend is almost here.
Barbossa Basic Minion Chart