TheZombieGame.com Forums
Painted Crow Minions for The Scarecrow Villain - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: A Touch of Evil (/Forum-A-Touch-of-Evil)
+--- Forum: AToE General Discussion (/Forum-AToE-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Painted Crow Minions for The Scarecrow Villain (/Thread-Painted-Crow-Minions-for-The-Scarecrow-Villain)

Painted Crow Minions for The Scarecrow Villain - samuraitrev - 06-28-2021 06:22 PM

Hi all, I've been working on other projects and playing my bass guitar a lot so I've not been painting much but I'm back. Here are my crows all painted up.

These crows are from a company called Anvil Industry https://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/birds and they worked out at £4 for four. I ended up buying 3 sets of these for the game which cost me £12 ($16.66) in total. I made the stands out of brass wire and I cut them to different lengths as I thought it would look more realistic having crows circling the board at different heights.
[attachment=2999]
[attachment=3000]
Pros and cons of these miniatures:

Pros
Good value
28mm scale
thematically perfect
excellent detail
easy to paint
easy to clean, good quality resin

Cons:
Only four sculpts but I guess how different could they really be?
No stands or bases.

Overall, I would grade these miniatures as 5/5.
Conclusion:
These are perfect for what I need and simple to paint. (Sprayed black then drybrushed with Dark Reaper then Thunderhawk Blue). I would recommend these.

As always, thanks for looking and please comment
P.S. Coming soon is The Scarecrow villain...Watchmen01

RE: Painted Crow Minions for The Scarecrow Villain - Old Dwarf - 06-28-2021 06:48 PM

No stands? Did they have predrilled holes or did you have to drill your own?

OD

RE: Painted Crow Minions for The Scarecrow Villain - samuraitrev - 06-28-2021 08:36 PM

(06-28-2021 06:48 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  No stands? Did they have predrilled holes or did you have to drill your own?

OD

No stands, the four birds are just attached to a sprue. I had to drill the 1mm holes myself in the birds and the bases. I used x2 30mm lengths of 1mm diameter brass wire (quite pricey for the wire but it doesn't bend easily and it's not so thick it spoils the illusion).

RE: Painted Crow Minions for The Scarecrow Villain - Old Dwarf - 06-29-2021 11:38 AM

OK-I could not tell from the picture if they at least had predrilled holes. I drilled a hole in my thumb once
doing a flying fig conversion. (what we suffer for our art!).

OD

RE: Painted Crow Minions for The Scarecrow Villain - Raynor - 07-06-2021 06:06 AM

Super high quality upgrade. I really like it. They look incredibly imposing from the side, where the different heights are clearly visible.