TheZombieGame.com Forums
Painted The Siren Villain - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: A Touch of Evil (/Forum-A-Touch-of-Evil)
+--- Forum: AToE General Discussion (/Forum-AToE-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Painted The Siren Villain (/Thread-Painted-The-Siren-Villain)

Painted The Siren Villain - samuraitrev - 09-29-2022 09:05 PM

Greetings warm and cold blood denizens of the dark.

This delectable Villain is made a company called Rocket Pig Games https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/921872760/harpy-siren-miniature-for-tabletop-games?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=siren+miniature&ref=sr_gallery-1-31&sts=1&organic_search_click=1 it cost me only £6 ($6.65) at the time.
[attachment=3098]
[attachment=3099]

Pros and cons of this miniature:

Pros
Fits the theme thematically well.
Great value
Good scale

Cons:
I don't like fixed bases but many 3D bases have them. I didn't want the tree trunk.
Mould lines still evident but the process is improving.
I don't like how the lower feathers are joined together.

Conclusion
This model is exactly how a Siren should look. Beautiful but alien. There's a lot of miniatures out there that look really outlandish and not what I was looking for at all.

Now, on the AToE Villain card you only get a head shot so I based the colour scheme on this. You could argue it's the moonlight etc. on the picture but I wanted to use blues and mixed with some greens to link to the sea. I created the sea base btw as I thought it would suit The Coast expansion better. It didn't work perfectly as I couldn't remove the tree trunk as it would have destroyed the model. As it happens, I like to imagine she's out to sea, gripping onto some driftwood luring some poor saps to their watery doom.

I would rate this miniature 3/5

Thanks for taking a look folks and I'll be back with more stuff soon! I intend to get some more AToE stuff straight onto the painting table.

As always, comments welcome. I would like to hear your thoughts on the miniature, the painting or any random stuff that pops into your headZombie17

Happy gaming and painting out thereWatchmen02

RE: Painted The Siren Villain - Old Dwarf - 10-03-2022 12:21 PM

Great paint job but the fig doesn't do it for me. Sirens should not have "chicken Feet".
The pose is weird but nice Butt.

OD

RE: Painted The Siren Villain - samuraitrev - 10-04-2022 06:11 PM

(10-03-2022 12:21 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Great paint job but the fig doesn't do it for me. Sirens should not have "chicken Feet".
The pose is weird but nice Butt.

OD

I hear you on the chicken feet. I know they're going for the avian feel but it's a bit too Tzeentchian for me. I'm glad you approve of the paint workZombie17

RE: Painted The Siren Villain - Raynor - 10-04-2022 07:02 PM

Impressive work as always. The basing especially looks great on this one.

RE: Painted The Siren Villain - samuraitrev - 10-07-2022 04:38 PM

(10-04-2022 07:02 PM)Raynor Wrote:  Impressive work as always. The basing especially looks great on this one.

Thank you. I'm just basing 8 figures at the moment. I'm hoping to post some of them this weekend. 2 Villains and an Ally. The rest I will show in time...

Thanks for looking everyone. If any of you out there have done any painting, please feel free to post pictures of it. I always like to take a look.