TheZombieGame.com Forums
Printing Custom Cards - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE Variants (/Forum-LNoE-Variants)
+--- Thread: Printing Custom Cards (/Thread-Printing-Custom-Cards)

Printing Custom Cards - zombie_slayer - 02-17-2010 06:56 PM

How do you guys print/mount/etc. your custom character cards? Do you just print them on photo paper at home? I can't seem to get the size right.

RE: Printing Custom Cards - Sylis - 02-18-2010 12:32 AM

Well, I have some photo paper that is 4 X 6 that seems to be the perfect size for the Character cards, as for mounting them, one person suggested black poster board, unfortunately I haven't found one that is sturdy enough, it all is pretty flimsy. I also have been looking for a back of the Character Cards because when I try scanning the real thing, the image looks pretty poor.

I figured the photo paper would add to the sturdiness of the card, but I am still on the look out for something that is thinner than cardboard, but is thicker than black poster board. I am doing my best to try and make them blend in with the real deal as best as I can so if the cards are picked at random, you won't just pick all the custom heroes, though I know that will be hard.

RE: Printing Custom Cards - drobuff - 11-25-2010 03:55 AM

(02-18-2010 12:32 AM)Sylis Wrote:  Well, I have some photo paper that is 4 X 6 that seems to be the perfect size for the Character cards, as for mounting them, one person suggested black poster board, unfortunately I haven't found one that is sturdy enough, it all is pretty flimsy. I also have been looking for a back of the Character Cards because when I try scanning the real thing, the image looks pretty poor.

I figured the photo paper would add to the sturdiness of the card, but I am still on the look out for something that is thinner than cardboard, but is thicker than black poster board. I am doing my best to try and make them blend in with the real deal as best as I can so if the cards are picked at random, you won't just pick all the custom heroes, though I know that will be hard.
you need to use chipboard to mount, print on 8 1/2 by 11 glossy photo paper
black chipboard or natural, I prefer the black.
http://www.amazon.com/Grafix-Medium-Weight-Chipboard-Package/dp/B001CRH7FG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1290653569&sr=8-8

RE: Printing Custom Cards - Onemangang - 11-25-2010 08:16 AM

I use old Magiccards (commons that is) to put the customcard on. The back of the card I also cover with a back of the LNOEcard.