Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Here's my Favorites Zombie films What's yours?
12-29-2010, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 06:17 PM by samuraitrev.)
Here's my Favorites Zombie films What's yours?
:Edit: Please look at the end of this thread to find the latest scores.
First of all the superb (previously banned) Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979) Dir. Lucio Fulci What other film has a Zombie vs. Shark scene where the shark is clearly real!!    

Next we have all of George A. Romero's Classics in chronological order plus remakes (underneath the originals in the picture)

Night of the Living Dead (1968) and the remake Dir. Tom Savini (He was makeup artist/gore master for Romero's Zombie films) (1990)

Dawn of the Dead (1978) and the remake dir. by Zack Snyder (2004)

Day of the Dead (1985)

Land of the Dead (2005)

Diary of the Dead (2007)

They are all strong films and the remakes are really good too! My favorite has to be Day of the Dead because of the claustraphobia and the lovable 'Bub' and the mad doctor.

Ok moving on now for the black humour gang

Return of the Living Dead (1984) Dir. Dan O'Bannon and it's sequel Return of the Living Dead Part 2 (1988) Dir. Ken Wiederhorn.

Braindead (1992) Dir. Peter Jackson

Shaun of the Dead (2004) Dir. Edgar Wright

My favorite hands down is Return of the Living Dead it has everything real laughs, rewatchable, gore, heavenly tombstone dancing punk fox and Tarman. SEE THIS FILM or you'll never be quite the zombie you thought you were!

One for the kids get them into the living dead at an early age with this class act.

I hope you liked this article Watchmen02 Comments Welcome
What's your favorite films then?
Do you agree/disagree with this selection?
Which classic have I missed?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2011, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2011 06:54 PM by robottroubles.)
RE: Here's my Favorites Zombie films What's yours?
Zombie Flesh Eaters is great, though it's just called 'Zombie' on this side of the pond (and Zombi 2 originally!). That eye scene is brutal. I guess my favorites are probably the original Night for it's atmosphere, Braindead for the gore, and Return for the humor, though I remember seeing at least part of it when I was 10 and having nightmares about the tarman, just the way he moves is freaky.

Also, I have a soft spot for the Dawn remake because the infection is treated realistically and the zombies always seem like a threat. Not a fan of running zombies, but I think Romero's are sometimes too inept and easilly pushed away.
01-30-2011, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2011 08:29 AM by vikinglad.)
You have all of my favs on your list. I particularly love Linnea Quigley on the tombstone in Return of the Living Dead. I think this is my fav. Campy, retro, funny, gory, awesome.

Braindead is called Dead Alive over in the US, and is a fantastic, silly gorefest also. One of my long-time favorites.

One series you don't list that I always considered to be in the zombie genre is Evil Dead. I think part 2, Dead by Dawn is my favorite. Everyone loves Ash!
01-30-2011, 02:13 PM
(01-30-2011 08:28 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  You have all of my favs on your list. I particularly love Linnea Quigley on the tombstone in Return of the Living Dead. I think this is my fav. Campy, retro, funny, gory, awesome.

Braindead is called Dead Alive over in the US, and is a fantastic, silly gorefest also. One of my long-time favorites.

One series you don't list that I always considered to be in the zombie genre is Evil Dead. I think part 2, Dead by Dawn is my favorite. Everyone loves Ash!

Hi Viking you have good taste! The beautiful Miss Quigley looks good enough to eat Wow! The reason I didn't list the Evil dead trilogy (I have them all) is I wasn't sure if they were classed as zombies because the 'deadites' are possessed humans who don't necessarily have to be dead first. Ash gets converted in II for example. Otherwise the films would have been right up there 'cos they're class!!Watchmen02
01-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Undead. It is another New Zealand zombie flick in the same vein as Dead Alive/Braindead. It has a great scene with a dude boxing a zombie fish - pure gold! It also has aliens in it. Check it out if you haven't seen it, you will not be disappointed.
01-31-2011, 04:23 AM
Here's a list of THE 14 best zombie movies... THOUGHTS?!?!

Mine?

28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Zombieland

Love those movies... Watchmen02

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Can't believe nobody even mentioned "Zombie Strippers" yet... (And no it isn't p0rn) as comedy/horror goes, it is freaking awesome!

If you have seen it, this will make perfect sense and make you laugh (And groan)... If you haven't, you will have no clue... So get it and watch it so you can laugh (And groan) with the rest of us.

Golf Balls and Billiard Balls.

LOL

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/zombiestrippers/
01-31-2011, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2011 03:39 PM by Sarku.)
That's a "hot" movie... but not a good zombie movie... Necrophilia though... HOT!!! Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2011, 04:23 PM
(01-31-2011 04:23 AM)Sarku Wrote:  Here's a list of THE 14 best zombie movies... THOUGHTS?!?!

Mine?

28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Zombieland

Love those movies... Watchmen02

Good choices there! Zombieland was a good laugh especially Bill Murrey's scenes. I've never seen some of those films in the 'top' 14. Resident Evil, Dead Snow, Versus, Planet Terror, or Cemetery Man. Have any of you guys seen these films? Worth Buying? Oh yeah and I'd forgotten about Re-Animator that film is WIN. Herbert West is played masterfully by Jeffrey Combs. Thanks for the other suggestions guys I have made a note of them.Watchmen02
01-31-2011, 05:37 PM
I have seen all of them.

Highly recommend Cemetary Man, it is pretty trippy, wish I owned it.
Resident Evil is good as a stand alone movie, the sequels are geared more towards fanboys of the game (like me!).
Planet Terror is ridiculous and gory, which makes it excellent.
Dead Snow had some good humor and gore. Worth the watch.
Versus is just kinda silly, yakuza versus zombies.