Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Here's my Favorites Zombie films What's yours?
03-02-2011, 02:40 AM
RE: Here's my Favorites Zombie films What's yours?
Anyone see those Tombs of the Blind Dead? There are three films in this spanish series and man are those Templar corpses scary.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2011 03:35 AM by fallensaviour.)
Been watching a few dead movies on netflix of late.
Gangs of the dead
trailer park of terror(more like ghouls)
deadgirl
zombie diaries
Doghouse

Not all good but couple of them are decent.
03-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I've been trying to watch more of the films on Netflix as well. Two that really stand out are:

"Killing Spree"
"Aah! Zombies"
03-10-2011, 05:26 PM
I just found out my husband has never seen Dead Alive! guess what we are doing tonight.
03-10-2011, 10:33 PM
(03-01-2011 10:58 PM)mulholland Wrote:  If your looking for another epic apocalypse movie (but no zombies), although dark as H*ll, then I would recommend "the road". I bitter and black movie, but if your into Apocalypse, then it is a "must see".

I did just see this recently, since my coworkers and I were discussing apocalypse films and someone suggested it. Really dark. I think if the film ended 40% in it would win the award for most depressing movie of all time. Excellent film though.
03-10-2011, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2011 11:29 PM by zombie67.)
(03-02-2011 02:40 AM)phantomninja Wrote:  Anyone see those Tombs of the Blind Dead? There are three films in this spanish series and man are those Templar corpses scary.

There are actually four films in the Blind Dead series but personally the first one is the best. I have the Blue Underground Boxset which I can recommend:

[Image: 41QPGG22PDL.jpg]

You are right, the Templar corpses are great:

[Image: imagesqtbnANd9GcSm8pYbrGmpc2KosEcmOvj5Xn...Zb9kt1.jpg]
03-11-2011, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 05:44 PM by supervike.)
I have to say Shawn of the Dead, and the Remake of the Dawn of the Dead are my favorites. Zombieland was fun as well.

I like Romero's early stuff, but anything since is a bit lacking.

I don't like my zombie films to be overly campy...

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2011, 05:46 PM
I did mention Fido a bit earlier, but no one seems to be mentioning it, so I thought I'd bring it back up.

If you liked Shawn of the Dead and Zombieland, with some significant humor in your zombie movies, you might give Fido a shot. Fantastic actors (Carrie-Anne Moss, Billy Connolly, Dylan Baker), great premise for a setting (a 1950's-style fenced-in town in a post-zombie-apocalypse world with zombies "tamed" by technological collars) and a plot (the heartwarming tale of a boy and his zombie)... all around, a well-made movie.

If you've never heard of it or seen it before, I strongly recommend it.
03-12-2011, 06:45 PM
I did like Fido. It such a different concept for a zombie move
03-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Being a huuuuuuge fan of Zombieland I was recently devastated with the revelation that my girlfriend DOESN'T like the movie. I enquired as to her lack of appreciation and it centred on the humour - a serious zombie movie is apparently fine, but not comedy? Anyway I have resisted the almost mandatory requirement to send her to a zombie filled island only because she loves playing LNOE.

Anyway I was actually looking for a thread to assist me in determining which zombie movie to play for a group of people coming over to play LNOE for the first time ever over the weekend, and this thread has given me some great ideas.

I have the uber special edition of the 1978 Dawn of the Dead (all the versions and bonus disk) , so I'm tending in that direction. But maybe I'll go with one of the other Romero's since I think I have most of his "better" collection.

Whilst 28 Days/Weeks later are great, they're not quite the zombie classics and before I ramble too much - has anyone ever played the Zombi game from back in the amiga days? That was awesome in its day!!!