Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Here's my Favorites Zombie films What's yours?
10-14-2011, 02:01 AM
RE: Here's my Favorites Zombie films What's yours?
Definitely:
Dead Alive
and Evil Dead 2 (but it's not exactly zombies!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Thank you to Tomslick for your votes here's the new scores. The vote for Dead Alive has moved it up to joint 3rd. Bringing Fido and Dead Snow back in the running!

1) Shaun of the Dead 15
Zombieland 15
2) 28 Days Later 11
3) Dawn of the Dead (remake) 10
Brain Dead/ Dead Alive 10
4) Return of the Living Dead 8
Night of the Living Dead 8
Dawn of the Dead 8
5) Fido 6
Dead Snow 6

Every vote matters YOU can change the score board...
11-03-2011, 06:46 PM
I have just bought Romero's Survival of the Dead and the film Mr ONEarm's always on about Fido. I will let you guys know what I think on here.Watchmen02
11-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Fido is great Zombie02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
11-05-2011, 06:11 PM
(11-03-2011 06:46 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I have just bought Romero's Survival of the Dead and the film Mr ONEarm's always on about Fido. I will let you guys know what I think on here.Watchmen02

You will love it... Or I will kill you!
11-06-2011, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2011 08:10 PM by samuraitrev.)
I absolutely loved it. I would now put that film in my top 5. Wow I didn't realise it had Carrie Ann Moss (Trinity from The Matrix) in it. Plus Billy Connolly. He plays the Zombie perfectly. I love how his performance makes you think; Is he really thinking stuff? Or is he just a mindless Zombie? If any of you out there have not seen it I demand that you do so. Any fan of Zombies will love this film.

I would give this film 5 stars out of 5. It's that good!
11-10-2011, 02:15 AM
(11-06-2011 01:04 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I absolutely loved it. I would now put that film in my top 5. Wow I didn't realise it had Carrie Ann Moss (Trinity from The Matrix) in it. Plus Billy Connolly. He plays the Zombie perfectly. I love how his performance makes you think; Is he really thinking stuff or is he just a mindless Zombie. If any of you out there have not seen it I demand that you do so. Any fan of Zombies will love this film.

I knew you would like it! It's really unlike any zombie film!
11-10-2011, 08:07 PM
So I watched Romero's 6th Zombie film Survival of the Dead the other night. I was expecting his trademark powerful sociolgical message to be there as is all his other films. It just isn't there. We're used to having characters we don't really care about and him using unknown actors and that's fine.In fact I prefer his films that way. What really gets me is there's 0 plot. Now you may say right o.k but the action must be good? Nope. What about some scares? Nope. Well what is there to see? Well there are some cool Zombie deaths but get this. Instead of using lots of cool models being blown to bits and buckets of fake blood. E.g. a face getting blown away point blank it's c.g.i! NOOOOOOOO! There's still a little imagination with the deaths so it's ok for that. My advice is rent it if you must. Sink a few beers as you don't need to follow it and you may get the giggles while massively drunk and enjoy it. I have all Romero's Zombie films and love 'em except this. [Lame analogy time] If this was a Zombie it needs a headshot and put to rest. Avoid.

I would give this film 2 stars out of 5.Insane19
11-11-2011, 07:07 PM
(11-10-2011 08:07 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  So I watched Romero's 6th Zombie film Survival of the Dead the other night. I was expecting his trademark powerful sociolgical message to be there as is all his other films. It just isn't there. We're used to having characters we don't really care about and him using unknown actors and that's fine.In fact I prefer his films that way. What really gets me is there's 0 plot. Now you may say right o.k but the action must be good? Nope. What about some scares? Nope. Well what is there to see? Well there are some cool Zombie deaths but get this. Instead of using lots of cool models being blown to bits and buckets of fake blood. E.g. a face getting blown away point blank it's c.g.i! NOOOOOOOO! There's still a little imagination with the deaths so it's ok for that. My advice is rent it if you must. Sink a few beers as you don't need to follow it and you may get the giggles while massively drunk and enjoy it. I have all Romero's Zombie films and love 'em except this. [Lame analogy time] If this was a Zombie it needs a headshot and put to rest. Avoid.

I would give this film 2 stars out of 5.Insane19

I couldn't even get through the first half terrible terrible movie! Watch Fido instead... I think I've mentioned that movie enough now... Any way off to Skyrim!
01-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Thank you for your votes here's the new scores. 28 Days Later goes into joint second place. The original Dawn of the Dead goes to joint third. Neck and neck with the remake. Night of the Living Dead moves to 4th favorite. Poor Fido and Dead Snow are out of the top 5 again. Wait until Mr Onearm finds out. gulp...

1) Shaun of the Dead 16
2) Zombieland 15
28 Days Later 15
3) Dawn of the Dead 10
Dawn of the Dead (remake) 10
Brain Dead/ Dead Alive 10
4) Night of the Living Dead 9
5) Return of the Living Dead 8

Every vote matters YOU can change the score board..