Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Here's my Favorites Zombie films What's yours?
03-18-2012, 03:17 AM
RE: Here's my Favorites Zombie films What's yours?
We've just finished watching Dead Snow. Me, my wife and 4 friends and I gotta say bloody good action/black comedy flick. We had beers and take away and had a cool night. There's quite a few references to many Zombie films in there you know and love. I would say it's a cross between Evil Dead and Friday the13th. I've now seen every film that's been in the top 5 in this thread. Any hidden gems still out there? This is the place to make them known.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2012, 10:36 AM
(03-18-2012 03:17 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  We've just finished watching Dead Snow. Me, my wife and 4 friends and I gotta say bloody good action/black comedy flick. We had beers and take away and had a cool night. There's quite a few references to many Zombie films in there you know and love. I would say it's a cross between Evil Dead and Friday the13th. I've now seen every film that's been in the top 5 in this thread. Any hidden gems still out there? This is the place to make them known.

Hey Trev, I don't know if you're still keeping track or not but earlier I voted only for 28 Days Later. I'd like to round out my top 10 with:

original Night of the Living Dead
original Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
The Evil Dead (I know some people don't consider this a zombie film)
Dawn of the Dead remake
Zombieland
Resident Evil
28 Weeks Later
and my new top 10 entry....Dead Snow!

I just watched Dead Snow and absolutely loved it. Will be adding it to my zombie movie review thread when I have a few movies gathered to add at one time.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
05-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Good choices there! I will add these to the list when I get to use my pc.
05-31-2012, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2012 05:40 PM by Denial.)
I loved Living Dead At Manchester Morgue (1974), otherwise known as Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. Best quote "I'm mad about apples".. Really randomn.

[Image: manchesterb.jpg]

Also, did anyone see the mini series Dead Set on channel 4? That was very good, really unexpected and awesomely entertaining!! People locked in the Big Brother house are blissfully unaware of the Zombie Invasion..

Dead Set Trailer

So
1 - Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
2 - Shaun of the Dead
3- Dead set (not a film but worth being here - Available on Netflix too people)
4 - Dawn of the Dead
5 - 28 weeks later / 28 days later (Fast Zombies = change of trousers!!)

Not the face!! Not the face!!
06-01-2012, 10:16 PM
OH MY GOD!!
Just watched Fido, great movie, give it a vote.
Best of all, Billy Connolly plays Fido..!!!

Not the face!! Not the face!!
06-05-2012, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 12:20 PM by sickboy.)
My top 10:

Dawn of the dead ('78)
REC
Night of the Living Dead (original & remake - I don't think the tone/story is significantly different enough in the remake to differentiate it from the original in this list)
Day of the Dead ('85)
Dawn of the Dead ('04)
Zombie Diaries (probably alone on that one, but I thought it was thoroughly enjoyable)
Return of the Living Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Zombi
Diary of the Dead

Special mentions to 28 days later & 28 weeks later (the infected are not zombies, but technically they're still zombie movies). Also to House by the Cemetery, if only because Fulci needs some love!
06-05-2012, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 01:11 PM by argailwall.)
there is a new movie trailer
zombies on american civil war
it is called Exit Humanity and looks like a very good production

06-07-2012, 12:11 PM
I would like to thank Goodcop, Denial and Sickboy for their votes. Here's the new scores.

1) Shaun of the Dead 19
2) Zombieland 18
3) 28 Days Later 17
4) Dawn of the Dead (remake) 14
5) Dawn of the Dead 11
Brain Dead/ Dead Alive 11

Every vote matters YOU can change the score board.. Tell me your top 5 or 10 Zombie flicks.
07-09-2012, 04:54 PM
My top zombie films

1 Night of the Living Dead (Original)
2 Dawn of the Dead (Original)
3 Shaun of the Dead
4 Zombieland
5 Day of the Dead & Diary of the Dead (Tie)
6 Planet terror
7 Return of the Living Dead
8 Fido
9 Evil Dead series
10 Dead Alive

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
07-11-2012, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 12:08 AM by Leonard.)
It's so hard to find GOOD zombie movies, with so many B movies flooding the market. Zombies have really entered the mainstream recently with The Walking Dead though, so something great will hopefully come from that.

I love Night of the Living Dead, (remake and original) as well as Dawn of the Dead (remake and original!). I think Romero just seems to have lost his touch a little in more recent years, becoming nearly a parody of himself.

I also love Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead and 28 Days/Weeks Later. The original Resident Evil and Rec are also great!