Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A guide to Pinning
05-13-2011, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2011 09:46 AM by SovTech.)
RE: A guide to Pinning
lol! I just started painting again a year ago after 17 years break, and was thinking "phew, Ill never produce anything worthwhile". Now Im eagerly greenstuffing, pinning and highlighting away. Point is to the people who are thinking that painting and modding minis are way out of their league: Try it and be patient! The learning curve is extremely low, especially if you can get some help on this forum or a friend who knows how to paint.

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Well said SovTech!
05-13-2011, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2011 07:47 PM by vikinglad.)
Your story is super similar to mine, SovTech. I just started again a few months ago after about a 15 year break, thanks to the cool paintjobs I saw on this site. I was never able to do anything very fancy back in High School, but I am very surprised at how well my stuff has turned out just by following these tutorials here. I am seriously considering painting up my old HeroQuest stuff now.

What is greenstuffing?

- Edited to say 15 years, not 25. Sheesh, it ain't been that long since high school yet.
05-13-2011, 07:30 PM
"Greenstuffing" is using some stuff to fill in the gaps between arms and such things. Or also on the bases, to fill up the gaps. You can also use it to model stuff with it, like clay. It's really soft and when it dries it gets really hard.
I need to get me some new green stuff because now I use some stuff I got in a DIY store and it just smell really bad when you mich it.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Just some pinning pics. I thought I'd put in here