Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
XBL News
06-01-2009, 08:53 PM
RE: XBL News
6) Next came a trailer for CRACKDOWN 2, which if the game lives up to it and if it is anywhere near as fun as the first game this should be good.

Verdict: If it lives up to the promise, this will be a must buy!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2009, 08:55 PM
7) Next came a trailer for....wait for it....LEFT FOR DEAD 2. Looks great and all I'll say is CHAINSAWS...yippee! The trailer ended with a two fingered hand with the words "OUT NOV"

Verdict: A MUST BUY and no mistake!!
06-01-2009, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2009 09:00 PM by zombie67.)
8) Next was a gameplay demo of SPLINTER CELL: CONVICTION. This looks completely different to how it was previewed before, gone are all the people, gone is the hoody and gone is the dishevelled look of Sam and in comes a more traditional SP look. The one big innovation is the whole back story and objectives will be projected onto the gameplay screen, so in one section Sam came into a corridor and projected down the wall was the words "Find Sarah's Killer" and in the next room, as you moved around, a "film" of Sarah dying in a car crash was projected everywhere. This gave a very cinematic feel to the game. Release date: Fall 2009

Verdict: Could be very good but I'll wait to see more.
06-01-2009, 09:03 PM
9) Next up was FORZA 3. This is due October 2009 and looks great. All the tuning and customisation is there in spades with the added claim that the gameplay will be accessible for all, one thing that was a problem with FORZA 2.

Verdict: Looks excellent and if it is true that you don't need to be a real petrol-head to play this game, I think it could be worth a look....race you to be the first to creat a TZG.COM livery!!
06-01-2009, 09:10 PM
10) Next up was one of the biggest demos of the conference and came with no big fanfare.....HALO 3: ODST. The game looks and seemed to play as good as we have come to expect. You start out as the Rookie and then when you find a clue to a team-mate's fate, the game flashes back and you play through that team-mate's experience. It started with Drop-pods crashing into New Mombasa and you are equipped with 2 new sound suppressed guns and a Visor which has a lowlight setting. Release date: 22nd September 2009

Verdict: H'mm...what do you think!! I'll be buying this!

BTW.....Even bigger a news was a trailer for HALO:REACH. A top secret game that is coming in 2010, which was a pure teaser trailer but the guy announced that ODST will ship with an invite to HALO: REACH's Multi-player Beta!!
06-01-2009, 09:12 PM
11) Next came an actual gameplay demo of ALAN WAKE. This looked like a great survival horror, where the enemies/creatures come out of the dark and light is used as a weapon. The idea is that AW is a writer whose stories are coming to life. Expected Spring 2010 (but not holding my breath).

Verdict: Have always fancied this game and the demo reinforced this!
06-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Next up were some announcements concerning XBOX LIVE:

1) Music will be available courtesy of a deal with LAST FM. This was announced as being free, though I am sure any downloads will cost.

2) Video Libraray:

Netflix will now be straight through your 360 and will be instant play!

This has already been announced but was repeated, for UK and Ireland users, MS and SKY TV have struck a deal, to show films, TV and Live TV through XBOX.

In addition, to the above announcements Video Library will be upgraded and will be called ZUNE video. This will have 3 new features:

i) Full 1080P HD

ii) Instant Play - no downloading

iii) Live Party Video - Now we can all watch a film or TV together not just play games!

3) Both Facebook and Twitter are being added to XBL. Not of interest to me but some may enjoy this.
06-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Next onto the stage came Hideo Nakata to announce that METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING, the next MGS instalment will be coming to 360. A teaser trailer was shown which finished with the words "RAIDEN IS BACK"

Verdict: Great that arguably the last major Playstation exclusive series is coming to 360, though a pity it looks like Solid Snake will not be involved!
06-01-2009, 09:29 PM
thanks zombie keep it up.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
06-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Next up came PROJECT NATAL, not a game but the full motion camera peripheral.
This is purported to have full facial and vocal recognition, and if it does everything that the tech demo showed it really will be the next step in gaming history!!!

As I watched the first tech trailer, the words "f off!! You Can't do that" left my lips!!

I tried to put into words what I saw on the demo but it is really hard to explain what this thing should hopefully be capable of doing and what it could mean for gaming. Please look for the demo online and check out the write-ups and judge for yourself.

All I will say is if Lionhead can produce a full game like their tech-demo of MILO, then imagine a game like Oblivion but where you are actually in the game, talking, fighting, interacting in every way.

Verdict: Could be the most important development for gaming ever announced...or could be a huge white elephant!!!