Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vampire's Slips Into Night ability
03-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Vampire's Slips Into Night ability
I just need a slight rule clarification regarding the Vampire's Slips Into Night ability. It says "If no wounds are done to the Vampire during a Fight Round, he immediately escapes on the d6 roll of 5+, cancelling the Showdown."

My question is: If the Vampire were to escape in this manner, is this BEFORE the Hero would take any damage or after?

For example: During the Fight Round, the Hero would score no Hits on his Fight Dice and the Vampire would score 2 hits. Would the Vampire escape before the wounds are applied to the Hero or after?

I have been playing it where the Vampire would leave before doing damage to the Hero. But if Wounds are strictly Hits that have already been resolved, it would also sound like the Vampire would do damage and THEN escape.

Which is the proper way?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 04:39 PM
RE: Vampire's Slips Into Night ability
The hero would still take the hits because fight dice are rolled at the same time.
06-12-2013, 05:45 PM
(03-28-2013 04:46 PM)ZombieBobUSA Wrote:  My question is: If the Vampire were to escape in this manner, is this BEFORE the Hero would take any damage or after?

The escape would occur after all results of the attack rolls are resolved and applied.
04-12-2017, 07:27 PM
My "The Vampire" card says "D6 roll of 4+". Has this been change or is the 5+ in the original question a typo?

My Question clarification:
During cooperative play, does each hero get a fight round with the Vampire before the "Slips into the night" ability triggers or does the showdown stop immediately?

My understanding is that it cancels the showdown immediately and no other hero gets a fight round, please confirm.
04-13-2017, 11:25 AM
It is 4+. There is no change there.

The vampire would escape immediately and the showdown would end there. The test could happen several times during a showdown, as opposed to saving them up and rolling them all after all the heroes have fought.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
11-15-2019, 06:33 PM
Simultaneous damage.