Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: If you could only watch one zombie movie for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Return of the Living Dead (1985)
Brain Dead/Dead Alive (1992)
28 Days Later (2002)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Shaun of the Dead (2004)
Fido (2006)
Dead Snow (2009)
Zombieland (2009)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best zombie film of all time?
02-03-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: What is the best zombie film of all time?
It was at the 2005 FrightFest in London. This was a long weekend of horror films, with the Friday being dedicated to Romero.

On the Saturday he and Nicotero did a signing and I made both of them laugh when I asked Gregg what Tom Savini had been like in the make-up chair for his zombie cameo in Land. He said he had been great and I asked if he had been giving advice like some kind of "back-seat make-up artist". They both laughed at this and George said "no, but he did want creative control and final cut"

Good memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2015, 04:46 AM
Night of the living dead or Shaun of the Dead. It depends on my mood. I did not see Zombies vs. Strippers on the poll. It is great laughs especially after having a few.
05-27-2015, 08:53 AM
I cast my vote for Return of the Living Dead. It's probably the nostalgia factor attached to the movie for me that makes me rate it above the others though.

I will say however, I love both of the Dawns of the Dead. If I pass the remake playing on a movie channel I will never not stop to watch it. Just something about it that sucks me in every time.

I feel the same way about the Night of the Living Dead remake, but I never see it on television so I never get the chance.
06-12-2015, 12:44 PM
how can "28 Days Later" be on this list when it is actually not a zombie movie?

There is not a single zombie in this movie

Sitat from Movie reviews (titles starting with #, A, B) on this site : This is not a typical zombie movie. Actually it's not really a zombie movie at all because the scary, murderous people are not dead but infected with a "rage virus".

Coming from this link on the page http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...g-with-A-B
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-14-2015, 03:22 AM
I voted based on the one that I have watched most often. I figure that means it would be the one that I would want to keep seeing if I could only see one of them for the rest of my life. I went with "Zombieland". "Shaun of the Dead" being a close second for favorite movie on the list. If I was just rating the best zombie movie that I have seen (that actually scared me) I would HAVE to go with "Day of the Dead" (1985). I used to work night security in a pretty huge building and the hallways looked exactly like the halls in that movie. Freaked the crap out of me for the first few nights after I watched it Watchmen02

"This can't be happening....AGAIN!!!"
06-23-2015, 12:39 PM
definately no re: afterlife
08-19-2015, 03:38 AM
(06-12-2015 12:44 PM)Duality By Prone Wrote:  how can "28 Days Later" be on this list when it is actually not a zombie movie?

There is not a single zombie in this movie

Sitat from Movie reviews (titles starting with #, A, B) on this site : This is not a typical zombie movie. Actually it's not really a zombie movie at all because the scary, murderous people are not dead but infected with a "rage virus".

Coming from this link on the page http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...g-with-A-B

Yes, I know 28 Days Later is not technically a zombie movie. I wrote the review you quoted. It gets to be on the list for the poll because I made the poll and I wanted it there. If it makes you feel better, think of this poll as "What is the greatest movie of all time featuring zombies or zombie-like creatures?" Feel free to make your own poll that includes whatever movies you wish.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
08-19-2015, 01:41 PM
What What constitutes "zombie" morphs over time. I TOTALLY consider 28 Days Later a zombie film. I use 'duck typing'. If it looks like a duck and acts like a duck...

I recently/finally saw 28 Weeks Later (I'm slow, I know) and, eh, I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the original. It had too many contrivances. If the movie had stayed mostly the same but removing the contrivances (mainly, the recurrence of the father after turning), I think I'd like it better.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2015, 12:10 AM
I too see 28 days/weeks as a Zombie film.

Lets have a poll?Zombie17
08-20-2015, 03:14 PM
AHEM!

So it begins..
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...mbie-Movie