Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The second coming of Ophelia
06-21-2013, 12:34 PM
The second coming of Ophelia
Hmmm....is this what happens when the ancient vampire from Pharox, Valeria, is guided into the Suffian Crypt???

(Is there another connection from LNOE to ATOE...and, if true, wouldn't you love to witness LNOE's Cartwright when he recognizes Sister Ophelia's true nature?)

[Image: opheliavleria.jpg]

06-21-2013, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2013 04:48 PM by Pfr_Fate.)
RE: The second coming of Ophelia
Of course, until they release the names in the 'credits', I can't be sure...and even then, who is to say 100% (same actress, two characters).

Remove the heavy eye-makeup and ignore the lighting shading of skin tone. The nose is the same, the eyes, the general shape of the face. High cheekbones, that little hollow area under the cheekbones, etc. I think they are the same actress.

Ophelia is a 'reformed' nun. Reformed from what? Could be anything...but her ability of Dark Past is odd and oddly named. It is also similar to 'Vampire' in ATOE. Ophelia's other ability of Redemption could be her using her supernatural abilities to end fights around the board, but it tires her blood (thus a Wound).

Ophelia means 'Help' in greek. Showing her redemptive side. It is somewhat gothic and tragic. Valeria means Strong. She knows uses her strength for good.

--I think it is the same actress.
--The cross on the LNOE box also happens to be the one used for the ATOE artifact "Cross of Kandor" (perhaps it can be held by Vampires?)
--In ATOE cards, Valeria entered the Suffian Crypt - a place where you gain Honor or become possessed! I think she passed her test.
--Valeria came (long ago) from a fallen kingdom called Pharox...described in FANG as a land of twisted legends of sinister, vampiric warrior caste. Getting that artifact in FANG gives the power of healing when you defeat an enemy in combat.

I thus beleive that dear Valeria has crossed from ATOE into LNOE.

(Gotta love the Frog....perhaps Ophelia/Valeria and Cartwright will get together..maybe they already have...? It could be their 'Last Night on Earth'!!!)

06-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Wow. That is some snazzy detective work if it proves to be true. I can't see the resemblance no matter how hard I try, but you present a very compelling circumstantial case. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2013, 06:51 AM
love the dramaturgy here... very exciting.

"with just a touch of my burning hand..."
06-24-2013, 12:46 AM
I can't dispute the resemblance...but I don't see it either. Nice work on the rest of it for sure.
06-24-2013, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2013 01:55 PM by Pfr_Fate.)
(06-24-2013 12:46 AM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  I can't dispute the resemblance...but I don't see it either. Nice work on the rest of it for sure.

Well...you do have to have the actress not play on a 'sexy vampire' face (partly closed eyes, partly open mouth) and remove the heavy eye make-up and lip gloss (nuns are not so much into make-up...vampires are). Then costume swap the red and black lace for the heavy nun's habit that completely hides her hair.

So, it is hard to see.

The toughest part for me to see past is that the actress has a lovely skin tone more exemplified in the Valeria character card. However, you will note that the adjacent Valeria photo from the Suffian Crypt card is awash in blue, changing skin tone. The cover photos from Blood in the Forest could be washing out her skin tone in harsh pale lighting for effect. This would be similar to the Sherrif picture on Timber Peak's box front. Though Anderson is a rather pale guy in every pic!

Hey....who knows? Maybe not. Or maybe a vampire who is a reformed nun might be a little paler?

In any case...isn't it fun to be able to speculate on a boardgame's 'Universe' (the Frogaverse'?) You gotta love the interconnections:

The zombie battles and Crimson Hand in ATOE and FANG
Cartwright
I dont' think so / I think not
COPE's 'small town' and 'fairgrounds'
Pharox in ATOE and FANG

and so much more...

Ain't it fun?

06-24-2013, 08:56 PM
(06-24-2013 01:40 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  Ain't it fun?

Indeed! I believe that's why we're here! Watchmen02
06-24-2013, 09:48 PM
(06-24-2013 01:40 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  Cartwright

I'm still waiting for the IFOS version of Cartwright.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2013, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 12:28 PM by Pfr_Fate.)
(06-24-2013 09:48 PM)LabRat Wrote:  

Cartwright was not in IFOS because LNOE is compatable with IFOS. Simply pick up our dear drifter and there ya go! Being that it is forty years earlier, you maight have to change his first name or use the Alexander name from FANG... :-)

I beleive the Frogoverse timeline is something like so:

ATOE - small secluded village USA, 1800
FANG - worldwide, late 1930s (beware that Book of the Dead appearing in the Heartland, though!)
IFOS - sleepy town middle USA, 1940s
COPE - USA, 1950s
LNOE - sleepy rural town USA, 1980s

06-25-2013, 09:44 PM
(06-25-2013 01:47 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  
(06-24-2013 09:48 PM)LabRat Wrote:  

Cartwright was not in IFOS because LNOE is compatable with IFOS. Simply pick up our dear drifter and there ya go! Being that it is forty years earlier, you maight have to change his first name or use the Alexander name from FANG... :-)

I beleive the Frogoverse timeline is something like so:

ATOE - small secluded village USA, 1900
FANG - worldwide, late 1930s (beware that Book of the Dead appearing in the Heartland, though!)
IFOS - sleepy town middle USA, 1940s
COPE - USA, 1950s
LNOE - sleepy rural town USA, 1980s

You're 100 years too late for ATOE - more like 1799