Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Feral Dead from Blood in the Forest
05-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Hi folks. I've been chained to my painting desk without food or sleep so I could finish painting these rotten freaks. I tried a new technique where I spray primered them flesh colour from above the model and brown colour from below. Straight away this gave me a good natural flesh colour to work from. A watered down purple wash and a small palette or grey, brown, blue and green for the clothing. I did this for two reasons. a) I wanted these rotters finished quick and b) it makes them look like a pack of wild Zombies i.e unit coherency. I really wanted to get away from the cartoony look you can sometimes get with Zombies and go for the absolutely horrific bestial look. These guys have been in the woods for months without a fresh kill. Their lips have rotted away, exposing all their teeth in their shrunken gums. Their fingers have withered and rotten exposing the full length or their nails. I hope you like these thoroughly vicious bas***dsZombie13

any thoughts?Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2014, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2014 03:11 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
RE: Painted Feral Dead from Blood in the Forest
I love the detail - thinning hair on the LHS FD with green trousers in the close up. They certainly stand apart from the normal zombies. But I wonder whether the clothes look too clean?

I'm also going to base my FD models these static grass to emphasise the out door location. I've kept my original bases 'clean' in case there are ever 2 zombie players. But as I prefer 1 zombie player maybe I'll paint my base zombie bases after all to finish off my paint job.

So, inspiring pics as usual Trev!
05-24-2014, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2014 06:04 PM by Fizzgaz.)
The only slight criticism I have ..................is they make my efforts look a little worse. Well done sir trev of deadington

Send out the dog to feed on the dead.
05-24-2014, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2014 08:26 PM by samuraitrev.)
(05-24-2014 03:10 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I love the detail - thinning hair on the LHS FD with green trousers in the close up. They certainly stand apart from the normal zombies. But I wonder whether the clothes look too clean?

I'm also going to base my FD models these static grass to emphasise the out door location. I've kept my original bases 'clean' in case there are ever 2 zombie players. But as I prefer 1 zombie player maybe I'll paint my base zombie bases after all to finish off my paint job.

So, inspiring pics as usual Trev!

Thanks for the feedback Achtung. I did consider covering them in muck and filth but I decided against it.

(05-24-2014 06:04 PM)Fizzgaz Wrote:  The only slight criticism I have ..................is they make my efforts look a little worse. Well done sir trev of deadington

Send out the dog to feed on the dead.

Always a pleasure Sir FizzgazFreak01
05-25-2014, 10:21 PM
I've heard of a similar technique but haven't tried it. Undercoat black or another dark color. Then hit them from above with white. Paint with washes/thin coats. Gives a nice built in shade and highlight effect.