Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Movie reviews (titles starting with K)
02-03-2017, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2017 05:32 AM by goodcop2000.)
Movie reviews (titles starting with K)
Kill Baby, Kill! (1966)
4 restless spirits

Before I discuss the movie, you have to completely disregard the truly horrendous name it was given for release in the U.S. Kill Baby, Kill! is my favorite Mario Bava film. It is about a doctor sent to a very small Romanian village to perform an autopsy on a young woman who died mysteriously. It soon becomes evident to the doctor that strange events are taking place in the village and that the residents are unwilling to help him uncover the truth. The plot is simple but interesting. As usual with Bava, the story is secondary. He fills the movie with striking images and mind-blowing sequences. One scene in which the doctor chases a man through a series of rooms is stunning. If you like gothic horror, you should not miss this film.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988)
4 rubber noses

This movie proves that you don't have to have great special effects or great acting to entertain people. The film makers came up with a very original idea - murderous visitors from outer space who resemble circus clowns. Is it silly? Yes. Is is ridiculous? Sure. But I really had fun watching the over-sized clowns using their clown-themed weapons against the unsuspecting humans. I remember trying to watch this film as a child and having to turn the channel because the clowns were too scary. Even adults who are uneasy about clowns will probably get a little nervous. If you like silly humor mixed in with your horror, giver Killer Klowns from Outer Space a look.

King of the Zombies (1941)
3.5 vacant stares

This black and white film begins with government agent Bill, his servant Jeff, and pilot "Mac" crash-landing their small plane on a tropical island run by the mysterious Dr. Sangre. The three men soon discover that strange things are happening on the island, including the reanimation of corpses! Much more a comedy than a horror film, King of the Zombies is worth watching just for the performance by Mantan Moreland, who plays Jeff. Moreland displays flawless comedic timing with his snappy remarks. While there are some negative racial overtones from Dr. Sangre who treats his own servants as slaves and is rude to Jeff, it didn't ruin the movie for me because I found Jeff to be such a likable character that he rises above it all. The rest of the actors all play it straight and do a decent job, including Henry Victor who was cast as Dr. Sangre when Bela Lugosi was not available. There are also strong implications that Dr. Sangre is connected with Nazi Germany, playing on national fears at the time, but nothing is stated outright. There are a number of original style zombies in the movie (not ravenous flesh eaters but mind-controlled husks) and they have an eerie appearance but there are no real scares. If you enjoy the old Abbott and Costello movies where they meet various monsters you will probably enjoy King of the Zombies.

Kingdom of the Spiders (1977)
2 sticky webs

This is one of those horribly bad horror movies that is fun to watch and laugh at. I loved watching the incomparable William Shatner. In keeping with the quality of the film, it has an abrupt, terrible ending.

Krampus (2015)
3.5 holiday guests

Krampus is a fun holiday movie if you like comedy and horror. It's basically the horror version of Christmas Vacation. A colorful cast of characters are gathered to celebrate the holiday but things take a serious turn for the worse when one of the children accidentally summons a demon. The soundtrack is enjoyable and the acting is good although some of the characters are stereotypes. The special effects are not bad except for some so-so CGI but there is no serious gore due to the PG-13 rating.

Kristy (2014)
3.5 empty dorm rooms

Kristy is a thriller about a female college student staying by herself on a deserted campus. She finds herself under attack by a group of killers and has to find a way to survive. Haley Bennett gives a nice performance in the lead role. The film delivers some good action, special effects, and kills.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply