Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stories of the Undead Inferno (Unofficial) Expansion FAQ!
02-17-2011, 03:07 AM
RE: Stories of the Undead Inferno (Unofficial) Expansion FAQ!
Excellent! Thank you! I've almost got it.
A couple more...

1) Can a Fire that is on the first floor spread to the second floor? My guess is 'yes', just want to be 'official'.
2) Using the same example on page 6... The Zombie player is about to roll to see if the highest Fire Marker in each Fire spreads. Fire A 's Intensity is 4 so he rolls for it first. (After he rolls for Fire A, he then gets to roll for each 3 Marker in Fire B). But when he rolls for Fire A, he gets a '4'. A Fire Marker is added to the board corresponding to where the 4 is pointing. (Above it.) So now Fire B has joined with Fire A! Does this now mean that the rolls for each 3 Marker in what used to be Fire B... are now cancelled?

Comments:
It took me a couple read throughs to catch that a Hero may only search a Rubble Marker if he rolls the number on the marker exactly. The whole time I thought it was 'may search if the hero rolls the number or higher. This seems kind of harsh to me. In your playtesting, did anyone ever succeed to roll to search?

I like how 'Townsfolk Event cards drawn from Rubble piles are considered dead and removed from the the game'. I smiled as I imagined finding T-Bone's burnt dead body and laughed as I kicked him once in the head before I moved on... stupid jock.
But that got me thinking, instead of simply 'removed from the game'... how about "Place a Zombie here" instead? Better yet, how about a Burnt-up-real-good Zombie? OK, let's make it a... Charred Zombie with the following:
A Charred Zombie is placed on the board if a Townsfolk Event card is found while searching a Rubble Marker or may be placed on a Rubble Marker Spawning pit during the Spawn Zombie phase.
A Charred Zombie has the following ability: During the Hero Turn, if a Hero Moves away from a Charred Zombie that he/she is in the same space as... the Charred Zombie also moves 1 space in the same direction as the Hero. (The Charred Zombie may move again during the Zombie turn, of course.)
Any comments on this idea?...

I am definitely buying the black Charred Zombies from the FFP webstore and they have you to thank!
I hope we see at least some more boards from you in the future! I think it's all incredible and can't thank you enough for all your efforts!

Just say NO to 'house rules'.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stories of the Undead Inferno (Unofficial) Expansion FAQ! - Ryuk - 02-17-2011 03:07 AM