Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stories of the Undead Inferno (Unofficial) Expansion FAQ!
02-17-2011, 03:37 AM
RE: Stories of the Undead Inferno (Unofficial) Expansion FAQ!
1) yes

2) The fires are now joined. You don't roll for the others. You also don't have to roll that smaller fire first just becuase it is a 4. You can pick out any fire and roll for it.

You can modify if how you please. Finding a zombie in the Rubble is definately a solid option if you wish to change that.

As far as rolling EXACTLY the number. It is supposed to be rare in the sense that everything is all burnt and if you happened to find something that survived the fire it would be very lucky. I didn't make it easy because I wanted to create a sense of urgency if you failed to put out the fire... a penalty bascially. Initially it was a random 4+, 5+ etc...and I kept the random numbers on there in case people still wanted to play it that way. Of course you'd probably want to remove the lower numbers like 1,2, and 3.

Another variant I toyed with was rolling the EXACT number on a rubble token lets you pick up any card form the discard pile. That also worked and could be played that way. I did find that in some scenarios I actually tried to get back the discarded items that way and I didn't want people to go searching through the rubble that way. It worked, but I wanted people to use it as more of a last resort.

Please, post a picture to see how those boards came out. I just printed mine on hardstock, but I'd love to see how they came out.

I didn't know they had charred black zombies on FFP website. A word of caution though before you buy... Jason did mention on how the next expansion would include fire from IFOS along with some added features.

He didn't elaborate, and I didn't pry, but untill it makes an official announcment... I hope this fire will satisfy LNOE players until then.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stories of the Undead Inferno (Unofficial) Expansion FAQ! - D153453D - 02-17-2011 03:37 AM