Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stories of the Undead Inferno (Unofficial) Expansion FAQ!
07-13-2011, 06:41 AM
RE: Stories of the Undead Inferno (Unofficial) Expansion FAQ!
I've played through this game, and it seems really hard to get the fire to spread. We have kind of a debate about the fire spreading when it comes to the grass. I know it can't spread grass to grass, but some of the people who play as the humans are saying it can't spread from the grass to the buildings. It seems to me that it should be able to go from grass to building/trees, and building/trees to grass. When we allowed the fires to jump it spreads more like a real fire in a small town, and makes it harder for the heroes. It also made a difference if we played with all of the expansion boards or used some of the normal ones. In the expansion parts the fire can spread almost all they way around the board, jumping from building to building through single grass spaces (which I think is more how an "inferno" would work), but if you use random board parts you can end up with gaps of no trees and the fire won't cross two grass squares so it slows it down, and the heroes have an easier time keeping it down. We tried playing it the way the rules worded it, and the zombies couldn't even come close to wining. The heroes just searched the first few turns while the zombies tried to get across the grass, then kept moving and putting out any fire that started before it spread at all, and shooting zombies in the grass so they couldn't move. At most they finished with three or four rubble spaces each time.
I'm sorry my wording is kind of rough here, this site is still the first forum I've ever been on so I'm not much of a writer. I'm not really asking what the rule is (it says clearly it can't spread to grass), I'm just mentioning this as a change we made to the rules ourselves to make the fire spread more realistically, and wondering what your opinion was.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stories of the Undead Inferno (Unofficial) Expansion FAQ! - tatianakyrrn - 07-13-2011 06:41 AM