Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNOE reality game show scenarios
08-19-2011, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2011 10:07 PM by nitro9090.)
RE: LNOE reality game show scenarios
(08-19-2011 05:47 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hi Nitro. SO...I finally got a change to play your variants. I set the game up for the Gaunlet. I was super excited to play using your item buildings, and I really enjoy taking the Hero Deck away from the Heros. I especialy enjoy H vs H vs Z play.

I really like your "Pushing" concept.

yet, i am sorry to say, I didnt like it.

Once I stipped the deck of First Aid, any card with the First Aid symbol. i never realized how few the Heros get. So I added the "Its just a scratch" I still only had 6 First Aid cards. I only have LNOE & GH maybe if i had all the expansions ?

I had a very difficult time finding L boards the worked for Boards 3 & 4. Most times building totally blocked board 3 from 4, and visa versa. I also had a hard time setting boards 1-2-7-8 If you had the Cornfeild board in slot 2 - you could start on the outside corner and reach tile 4 in 6 spaces. Most other boards had a building that would block or slow down movement. Also, boards 1 and 2 have a definite advantage over boards 7 and 8. Having ran track, I am always keen on finding the shortest path. So starting the run, i could not find an evenly matched path to get to boards 3 & 4.

The most upsetting thing I found was, and Im a Zombie player, No Faith for the Good Father. Because he can not have a gun, Faith is all he gets to counter that. Sally can not use a shotgun. The Sheriff and Rashell (thats right) start with a gun ? It does not seem to be an even balance with Heros.

Maybe i missed something or i am not understanding ?
Kristina aka PJ

I am sorry this didn't work out so well for you, I am still an amateur game designer and you kinda jumped into the most complicated of my scenarios as of yet. I would have suggested you trying "the opener" first if you wanted to play with my new rules or to try my other scenarios, release the beast, where the simpler beasts are easy and fun to play. http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-the-Beast

As for the board setup, you were very right and it is now standardardized. For the new setup, starting from boards 1 and 2 the shortest distance is 28 spaces and the shortest path for 7 and 8 were 29 spaces, along with a similar number of choke points for each path (therefore if you move an average of 2 spaces a turn you should be able to make it), that is the best I could do and I hope it is acceptable.

As for some heroes becoming less useful, that is why I decided that the hero players should pick their own heroes, for instance Jake would have no abilities in this scenario so don't use him, same for sally but her bonus is amazing. Specifically for the father, you could always make a house rule to add another building that gives heroes faith for a few turns or the father permanently.

As for heroes' starting stuff, everyone has a hand weapon permanently fixed to themselves at all times (this would be the my favorite weapon rules) and the handguns are less accurate against other heroes, I don't see too much of a problem seeing as that is the one and only significant bonus for rochelle and the sheriff, not to mention they can't pick up any other weapons without getting rid of the handguns first, also sally's bonus is crazy good since she can use it in every fight she gets into.

If you are willing to give it another shot I will do what I can to help you get it right and in turn make this scenario better. For instance, how did you play out "My favorite weapon", "weapons of mass destruction" and the "item houses"? These are new concepts and I can see it being pretty easy to not get them right away.

Also, can you be more specific with your problems with the hero v. hero combat? It took a lot of thought to get it where it is at and if there is a way to improve it I would be very interested. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: LNOE reality game show scenarios - nitro9090 - 08-19-2011 07:42 PM