Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game Report: Custom Scenario in progress
09-22-2011, 07:11 PM
RE: Game Report: Custom Scenario in progress
The game is really what makes that "only one exit" scenario, though - there's only one "road out of town," after all, and that also encourages the heroes to get moving, since half of them have been barricaded off from escape (for story purposes, one could always assume that Woodinvale is either in a deep forest or up against a mountain, meaning there is only one safe way out of town).

For story purposes, since the house contains the book of the dead, placing it in the center of town would make the most sense, as it would then be presumed to be the most "secure", which is how barricading off either side blocks off the two sides of town. This could also be presumed to be city hall or something.

I think I may require the hero team to have Sheriff Anderson on one of the two teams. He made sure to bring Victor with him rather than leave him to the mercy of the zombies, then Victor overheard the Sheriff and someone else speaking about the vault, and then used an opportunity to drug the heroes and split them up. Basically, he is just being opportunistic, taking advantage of a drop in the heroes' guard as they tried to plan their escape from Woodinvale, to claim what he believes is some priceless treasure.

On that same story note, I don't think Victor would care about the book if he knew it was just a book - he's in this for the money, because he still believes (whether rightly or wrongly) that money is going to be important outside of Woodinvale. His escape plan is one that banks on the heroes caring enough about each other to try to save each other BEFORE going after him, which is why, rule-wise, both barricades have to come down before the heroes can start trying to get into the manor house.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game Report: Custom Scenario in progress - thanatos - 09-22-2011 07:11 PM