Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Co-op and Solo Heroes vs a Werewolf Varient
11-17-2011, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2011 08:17 PM by vikinglad.)
RE: Co-op and Solo Heroes vs a Werewolf Varient
Wow, it looks like a lot of thought went into this. Sounds like fun, but there are lots of special rules that need to be considered every turn. Please accept these comments as polite criticisms from a fellow fan that would love to see this play out smoothly.

(11-17-2011 05:00 AM)Musketeer Wrote:  • May pass through windows if a hero is visible (LOS) on the other side.

Are there windows in the current game? I can't remember any, but I only have the Growing Hunger expansion. If not, are these represented somehow on the board?

Quote:• Cards which KILL a Hero inflict THREE WOUNDS on the Werewolf.

How do heroes get cards that kill other heroes?

Quote:• While INCAPACITATED any active hero may KILL the werewolf if he has and can use on it.
o Chainsaw, Garden Shears, Circular Saw or other weapon capable of decapitations. (Use common sense, you cannot behead a werewolf with a Baseball Bat!)

Does decapitation have to be a clean slice? I bet I could seperate a head from a body with a bat, but it may take a few swings, and not come off in one piece. Hehe Zombie10

All joking aside, it may be better to list the specific weapons that could be used to kill the werewolf, similar to the list you already started. Or maybe it is better to leave it as is, for future expansions?

Quote:Combat:
• For each wound inflicted roll 1D6. On a 5+ the hero is given the “I Feel Kind of Strange” card from the zombie deck. The only effect from the card is that the Hero is considered INFECTED if it is still in effect on a living hero at the end of the game.
o Any INFECTED hero who is later killed need not worry about being infected anymore. They are no longer INFECTED, they are DEAD.

Are there any effects of being "infected," beyond the victory conditions?

Quote:• On the Werewolf turn it will attack one random hero in its space at the end of its movement.

How is this random hero chosen? Maybe it should always attack the most wounded hero, as it smells the blood on them? Or maybe the least wounded hero always steps up to protect the others in the square. Hero's choice?
Quote:• The heroes may only have 4 event cards in their hand at any time in a solo game or a maximum of 1 event card per hero controlled by a player in a Co-Op game. Cards drawn in excess must be discarded when drawn unless they are PLAY IMMEDIATELY.
o Without limiting event cards it would be possible to stockpile a host of cards ending any fight. Unlike a zombie infestation a werewolf fight involves one fight a turn.

This limits much more than just these sorts of cards. Maybe a better rule would be that no fight against the werewolf can ever be cancelled (since there is only one per round for him anyway)?

Quote:Werewolf Card Rules
• Draw 4 at the start of each turn.
• Play all 4 immediately. (Solo or Co-op play)
• Spawning pits are not made, buildings cannot be taken over, zombies are not created or destroyed, and anything affecting zombie movement or modifying zombie fight rolls are meaningless. Discard cards associated with those actions.

Discard those cards, but don't draw more until the next turn, right?

Quote:• Events targeting specific heroes are randomly assigned to eligible heroes.

How are these randomized?

Quote:Victory Conditions:[/b]
Achieved at Sunrise or when the werewolf is dead...
• Only Infected Survivors or No Survivors and Werewolf Dead
o MINOR HERO WIN (It’s dead but at what cost and there is

Can there be no survivors, but the Werewolf still dies? I can't think of a situation. I am only asking because I want to make sure I understand these rules. In A Touch of Evil, the combat is simultaneous, so both combatants can die at once, but I don't think they can in LNOE.

The Anubian Wolves minis from Heroscape would make great werewolf minis for this. There is a Werewolf token in the A Touch of Evil game too, if you have that. Normally I would play that if I had a hunger for werewolf blood, but this sounds very interesting. I think my favorite aspects are the rules for killing the werewolf, and the hunting for silver items. Very cool ideas. Let us know how it works out if you ever get a chance to play it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Co-op and Solo Heroes vs a Werewolf Varient - vikinglad - 11-17-2011 08:05 PM