Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anybody else remember 2XL the toy robot?
08-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Anybody else remember 2XL the toy robot?
Did anybody else have the 2XL talking toy robot when they were young? There were two versions:

The older one:

[Image: 2-XL.jpg]

And the newer one from either the late 80's or early 90's (I forget which):

[Image: ka102h5.JPG]

I had the newer version which used casette tapes. I LOVED this little guy when I was young. He had four buttons that you could actually use to interact with him. He'd ask questions and you could answer. Some of his tapes were trivia.

He also had adventure tapes which basically wound up being like choose your own adventure stories. He even had X-Men, Batman, Spider-Man stories, etc.

I don't know how the heck this technology worked. I mean how can you have four different possible things played off of one casette tape? The whole thing could be radically different depending upon what you choose. To this day, I wish I still had the little guy and all the tapes I had for him. I still sometimes try to see if I can find him cheap on eBay.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Anybody else remember 2XL the toy robot? - StayPuft - 08-20-2012 09:27 PM