Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak - Question about fire deaths
09-28-2012, 08:16 PM
RE: Timber Peak - Question about fire deaths
(09-27-2012 08:58 PM)Ogthar Wrote:  I know that the designer is on record as saying any hero death counts

"Hero Death:
Every Hero death adds up toward a Zombie victory."

Even fire or Fr Joseph using strength of spirit to cancel something causing his death.

I believe it is the same for zombie deaths for when they die by fire, no matter who starts it. I think the only exception is when a card specifically says that a zombie is removed from the game that those don't count as zombies killed.

Actually, Ogthar, there has been some debate over the Father Joseph situation. Jason Hill himself has even commented that you could really go either way on that one. So, that is why I ask. There has been argument in the past that self sacrifices don't count towards the opposing team's total.

Maybe you can just chalk this one up to being similar. So it is the sort of thing where you can go with what your group thinks it best.

In the case of the fires, I kind of lean towards saying it does count towards the zombies' kill total. After all, in the game it is very clearly the zombies who start the fire. Even if it is accidental (thematically) that still means that a zombie caused that hero to die, even if indirectly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timber Peak - Question about fire deaths - StayPuft - 09-28-2012 08:16 PM