Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quick question - Father Joseph's ability.
10-04-2012, 01:53 PM
RE: Quick question - Father Joseph's ability.
There are 2 situations:
1: He is wounded and the zombie player uses the card. Father Joseph uses strength of spirit to try to cancel the PLAYING of the card, meaning that hes trying to stop the card from being played. In my opinion, he can get wounded as much as he wants trying to avoid the card from being played, since its not in effect yet.
2: The card is played, not cancelled (either because he didnt want to, didnt have enough life to or failed miserably trying to) so its a remain in play, affecting the hero. As from now, if he ever gets wounded, he becomes a zombie. Theoretically if he uses strenght of spirit, he get a wound AND THEN rolls to cancel a card, so unless he uses something like "just a scratch", he becomes a zombie and therefore cannot cancel the card, because its not even in play anymore (the card is removed when he becomes a zombie). But there is an official Q&A in the flying frog wiki saying that after the card is in effect he can try ONCE to cancel it, taking the damage but not becoming the zombie hes born to be unless he fails in the die rolling. So my disagreement is with this rule, although its an official one, i dont see any logic in that, after all he gets wounded.
I would only change my mind if this skill (Strenght of spirit) worked as an interruption magic (so the wound and the skill count as one event, that takes place before the effect of the card he is trying to cancel) or if this is a special situation so he can try to pray his curse out. I think hes already very overpowered, but im usually the zombie player, so i may be a little biased...hehehe.
And if its an interruption magic he could just try another time, with the effect of the next occuring before the previous anyways.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quick question - Father Joseph's ability. - colorado_13 - 10-04-2012 01:53 PM