Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quick question - Father Joseph's ability.
10-04-2012, 04:11 PM
RE: Quick question - Father Joseph's ability.
In the first case he´s trying to avoid the card from being played, so he takes a wound before it is in effect:
Q11: How does Father Joseph’s Strength of Spirit ability work?
A11: Strength of Spirit may be used at any time to attempt to Cancel a Zombie Card being played or that ‘Remains in Play’. Father Joseph first takes a wound and then rolls to cancel the Zombie Card on the roll of 3+
Imagine this situation:
He´s fully healed, then get wounded by a zombie. The Z player uses "I Feel Kinda Strange", he then takes a wound (his second) to try to cancel the card, and fails. So the card was not in effect when he was wounded, so nothing happens.
Now he gets one wound healed, takes another wound to try to cancel the card. The official Q&A says he gets to roll the die to check if the card can be cancelled:
Q12: If Father Joseph has “I Feel Kinda Strange…” played on him, can he use his Strength of Spirit to cancel it without becoming a Zombie Hero?
A12: Father Joseph may use his Strength of Spirit to cancel “I Feel Kinda Strange…” as it is being played with no problems. Once “I Feel Kinda Strange…” ‘Remains in Play’ on him though, it is a little bit more dangerous. He may try to cancel it once, by taking a wound with Strength of Spirit, but if he fails, he is immediately turned into a Zombie Hero.

I say he´s a zombie and doesnt get to roll anything, because the card is not in play anymore (He could still become a zombie trying to cancel another card, as a sacrifice, he just woundnt roll against "I Feel..."because there is no card to roll for anymore).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quick question - Father Joseph's ability. - colorado_13 - 10-04-2012 04:11 PM