Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak - Question about fire deaths
10-22-2012, 11:38 PM
RE: Timber Peak - Question about fire deaths
(10-22-2012 08:02 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  There aren't really very many situations I know of in the game where your character can intentionally sacrifice themselves.

Fires offer a good opportunity for any player to intentionally kill their models to prevent the opposing side from claiming the kill. For example, Die Zombies Die require the Heroes to kill 15 Zombies. If Fire Deaths don't count toward the opposing side, then the Zombie player can just walk his Zombies into Fires with the hope that the Fires will kill the Zombies (and then he can argue that the Heroes did not kill the Zombies - the Fires did).

It's the same for IFOS, where the Fire mechanic started. In the Invasion Scenario, the Heroes are required to kill 20 Martians and the Martians are required to kill 2 Heroes. A near-death Hero, played by a "loopholer", could easily run his near-death Hero into a Fire, die, and claim that the Martians did not kill the Hero. Same goes for the Martian player. See, all it takes is for a player to move his models into the Fire, and they would die.

I'm hoping that none of us would stoop to this sort of gameplay as it breaks the spirit of the game, at least in my opinion. Ruling that Fire Deaths count towards the opposing side would stop this behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timber Peak - Question about fire deaths - LabRat - 10-22-2012 11:38 PM