Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New zombie overlord here
09-28-2013, 04:41 PM
RE: New zombie overlord here
Welcome to the boards. These types of threads really are just to give a quick hello and introduce yourself to the group. Not really mandatory, but it can be a nice way to introduce yourself, tell us a little about yourself, maybe even mention how you found your way to Last Night On Earth.

I also agree with you somewhat on the Zombie Cards that force the Heroes to discard cards from their deck. Initially, the purpose of this was that one of the Zombie win conditions is for the Zombie Player(s) to cause the last Hero Card in the deck to be discarded. But, with expansions adding so many cards, that has become pretty highly unlikely to happen.

I actually think your idea about a few bad cards in the Hero Deck sounds pretty cool. In fact, I think it could be pretty easily achieved. They don't have to be in the Zombie Deck at all, nor placed by the Zombie Player(s). They could just be Hero Cards, placed randomly in the deck just like any other Hero Cards. The thematic idea being that, in searching for stuff, the Heroes accidentally came across a zombie instead, or something along those lines.

I think I would personally not want to see them be too over-powered, though. I like the idea of there being some danger in the Hero Deck, but wouldn't want to see them be so bad that it makes the Heroes reluctant to draw cards out of concern that they may come up. It's one thing to have a card pop up that brings out a zombie you must immediately fight. That isn't so terrible that you can't deal with it and hope for the best. But, if it was something extremely awful like a large number of zombies all at once, or something thematic that destroyed all the items you are carrying, or something like that, I think that might be a bit over-powered. It could lead to the Hero Players being reluctant to draw cards. To me, playing as a Hero character, that is one of the things that is the most fun.

But, with some minor dangers, like finding a zombie, it could actually add a fun twist to the game. I like it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New zombie overlord here - ch82 - 09-23-2013, 04:43 PM
RE: New zombie overlord here - Old Dwarf - 09-23-2013, 06:31 PM
RE: New zombie overlord here - Mello Man - 09-23-2013, 09:39 PM
RE: New zombie overlord here - samuraitrev - 09-24-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: New zombie overlord here - ch82 - 09-24-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: New zombie overlord here - samuraitrev - 09-25-2013, 04:37 PM
RE: New zombie overlord here - StayPuft - 09-28-2013 04:41 PM
RE: New zombie overlord here - ch82 - 10-01-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: New zombie overlord here - StayPuft - 10-06-2013, 07:42 PM