Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Base game vs Timber, new players
12-16-2013, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2013 10:40 PM by ForestRunner.)
RE: Base game vs Timber, new players
Good choice PB.

On top of what's been described in the thread about actual play, balance and learning... LNOE is told as a story, which can be related as to a B grade horror flick. The base game represents the beginning or chapter one if you like. TP represents the next chapter... there are even surving heroes from the base game that made it out of Woodinvale and into Timber Peak.

That's if you're interested in that kind of thing.

PS Holy cow, I nearly typed Shadowbrook instead of Woodinvale. Lol.

As for expansions, based on other threads many will say Growing Hunger, which is a "bigger box" expansion. As such you get more of everything... boards, heroes, scenarios and some additional rules. As an aside, the second big box assists with storage.

I did it a little differently and preferred to go with what has been chronologically released starting with the web exclusives and downloads. There's probably no real right or wrong if you get really into it and end up getting everything anyway (like me!). But Growing Hunger is a good bet for starters where you just can't lose...

Happy gaming.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Base game vs Timber, new players - LSD - 12-16-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: Base game vs Timber, new players - ForestRunner - 12-16-2013 10:33 PM