Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you get into painting?
09-19-2014, 07:32 PM
RE: How did you get into painting?
I've been painting Miniatures for awhile (back then we had to make our own paint by
grinding up berries) I started back in the early 50's as a kid who saw some Revel WWI plane Kits
at the local Hobby store which led to me assembling & painting them but as I got to HS it fell by
the wayside (I blame you Carole Alice Hack).

Update to some time in the late 80's had purchased a Board Game (Siege of the Citadel) which was one
of the first to offer miniatures & I thoughts the figs. were cool & I wanted to paint them. Around the
same time I had also purchased Space Marine who exposed me to the Evil Empire (Games Workshop in
it's late Republic Days) which offered paints/brushes & a book on how to paint miniatures at a
reasonable cost (how times have changed).

I remembered the pleasure I got from painting up my WWI planes & decided it would make a good
Hobby so I talked my wife into giving me the GW Paint set for Christmas & I started off painting
the game figs. for Siege of the Citadel & never looked back. The first efforts were crude no shading
or highlights but I found painting restful. Then GW came out with War Hammer Quest & I just had
to paint the Miniatures so I got their how to paint book & painted up about 200 figs .

I tend to paint in jags, usually starting a project keeping at it a few months then just stop & take
a few months off until the fever hits again.

I'm prepping up for SoB by getting new paint/brushes & glue for this winters painting project.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you get into painting? - Raynor - 09-19-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: How did you get into painting? - Old Dwarf - 09-19-2014 07:32 PM