Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coming Black Plague Expansion?
09-08-2023, 02:08 PM
RE: Coming Black Plague Expansion?
Despite the hype I felt during this campaign, I ended up backing for a dollar and then just playing a ton of Black Plague over the following month to really iron out my feelings about what to do.

My ultimate decision was that while I quite like this game, it isn't worth the money I have invested into it, much less another 200-300 bucks to pick up more stuff while staying active with what my current collection contained. (already had plastic tokens, so would need to pick up more etc. Would want the new enemy types too)

I had been trying to downsize the collection for months without success before the new campaign, and after making the decision to not back the new stuff I finally just posted the entire thing for sale and it went pretty fast.

I had pretty much everything, and for me the best experience was Black Plague + Wulfsburg + Deadeye Walkers + Friends and Foes. If I could have kept just that, I would have, so I might keep an eye out and circle back around to grab just those from retail during a sale or something (minus the deadeyes) I also have Invader and Undead or Alive, so I might end up just sticking with them.

As I have found over time, sometimes not having everything for a game is actually best. Another big thing that hurt this for me was the dissolution of Go7 Inserts. My copy, the previous owner had chucked all the inserts so I had started to buy the Go7 inserts for the game and while I was waiting on them to restock the rest of the line, they announced they just were closing shop so I was left with proper organization for half a game! I could have forced it, but was able to repurpose the inserts for use with Undead or Alive in a manner that consolidated the game down to 4 boxes.

I'm gonna miss Black Plague. I liked the setting substantially more than Undead or Alive, but the ruleset, abomination variety, and quality is so much higher in the more recent game that I have a hard time wanting to pick BP as my primary Zombicide. Maybe one day I'll circle back around.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Coming Black Plague Expansion? - Old Dwarf - 03-05-2023, 12:51 PM
RE: Coming Black Plague Expansion? - Raynor - 09-08-2023 02:08 PM