Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rickno7's Scenarios: Meltdown 1.0
06-17-2010, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2010 04:50 AM by Rickno7.)
RE: Rickno7's Scenarios: Meltdown 1.0
Its not intended to be a new "deck" actually.

The intention was that you would have 6 Townsfolk cards on the table, with a single zombie or hero card UNDER the townsfolk card so you couldn't see what it was. When you talked to them, you would see which card was under them. The reason I chose only 2 traitors is that its pretty easy for the zombies to get to a few of the townsfolk before the players. Originally I only had 4 townsfolk and it was WAY too easy for the zombies to win that way. So I upped the ratio of agreeable to disagreeable.

The idea of a Elder deck is interesting. I kind of like the idea of having most of the "good" hero cards tied to the elders to try and balance out the advantage the heroes have over the zombies currently. I also really like the idea of a secret nuke under the mansion, it would free up a few more zombie spawn points. It actually simplifies a lot of things.

perhaps after my next play session I will have a 2.0 up, I like the suggestions and will try them out

-----------------------------------

EDIT

Ok. Played this some more. 2.0 is coming soon.

I got a really bad hand of zombie cards the last time I was the zombie in this scenario. The scenario just seemed really crazy and lumpsided with a bad hand. Played with a few of the suggestions and did the Townsfolk in a way where no one knew what was going to happen when a townsfolk was reached, taking that advantage away from the zombie.

So the story is sound, now I"ll work on making the game last longer and be more balanced even with bad hands. I welcome suggestions on how to SLOW the game down. This is a quick game variation. I'd like more suspense.

Thanks everyone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rickno7's Scenarios: Meltdown 1.0 - Rickno7 - 06-17-2010 05:30 PM