Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Invasion from Outer Space expansion
10-14-2010, 06:35 PM
RE: Invasion from Outer Space expansion
(10-14-2010 06:01 PM)Skip Nicholson Wrote:  Here is another thought regarding the elephant/bear issue. I used to be a reporter (long long ago in a galaxy far far away) and I did piece on the Ringling Bros Red Unit (they have two touring circuses, the Red and the Blue).

Do you know what the two most dangerous animals are in the circus. Not the lions, not the tigers, not the elephants. It's the chimps and the bears. The saying goes you'll never meet a chimp trainer/handler with all their fingers. It's the first thing the chimp chomps down on when they go berserk.

When we were video-taping with the circus in Houston they had to clear all the passages and get EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE out of sight while the bears were moved from their cages to the arena. Bears are very likely to charge a stranger.

So...now how do you feel about Jumbo the elephant?

Hmmm... Fascinating. I did not know that was the case!

The biggest complaint, if it's a complaint at all. More of an observation... Is that the bear is still rather humanized! As you say, the Elephant would be something on the level of the Zorg Beast. Could we really classify it as a Hero character. With it's trunk it might still be able to search but using some of the items? Hardly! So maybe we impose some special limitations, but unlike the lightweights and holy characters, it might get fairly specific!

It's worth mulling over....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invasion from Outer Space expansion - Raynor - 10-14-2010 06:35 PM