Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stories of the Undead Inferno (Unofficial) Expansion FAQ!
02-11-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Stories of the Undead Inferno (Unofficial) Expansion FAQ!
(02-10-2011 06:23 PM)iamadoorknob Wrote:  
(02-09-2011 02:12 AM)D153453D Wrote:  You would be correct that the Hero could then tie them up indefinitely. However, my rule states that a Zombie unable to reach the Hero (due to failed climbing, diagonal movement,etc..) allows a Zombie to move to any space within that 8 adjacent space radius (the Zombie Hunger Radius).

That still doesn't make a whole lot of sense, because by what you've just described, you could have an outlay like this:

XX|X
XH|X
XX|Z

With the X's being empty spaces, H is a hero, Z being the zombie, and the line being a red wall

so then, since the zombie can't climb up, it could instead move to any of the 8 radius spaces, like this?:

XX|X
XH|X
ZX|X

or even like this?:

ZX|X
XH|X
XX|X

Because the zombie is moving inside the zombie hunger radius in both of those instances.

It just doesn't make sense that the zombie couldn't get up, so he could suddenly appear in the building, on the other side of the hero. It also makes those second-story buildings a death trap because the zombie is guaranteed to make it inside and much more likely to trap the heroes than if they were in a normal building.

It makes sense, it's just not clicking with you.

Here a Z can only climb orthangonally, but oh no! The Hero is diagonal to the Z!

XX|X
XH|X
XX|Z

The Z does not have to position himself in front of the Hero in order the climb because it is still within Zombie Hunger. Instead the zombie climbs the wall in front of him, which is STILL IN THE RADIUS OF ZOMBIE HUNGER. The lucky Z rolls a 5.

XX|X
XH|X
XZ|X

Basically any move is legal within those 8 spaces. The only illegal move would be to LEAVE THE ZOMBIE HUNGER RADIUS.

No you cant just teleport the zombie anywhere in those 8 spaces. It has to be a legal move.

Make sense?

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stories of the Undead Inferno (Unofficial) Expansion FAQ! - D153453D - 02-11-2011 01:52 AM