Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Stories of the Undead Inferno crafting
02-19-2011, 03:52 AM
Stories of the Undead Inferno crafting
I thought I would share what I have done with this, in case it helps someone else. First of all, thanks to D153453D for the fine work involved. You are a great digital artist. I'd suggest an editor for the written work however. =P

I've read several threads talking about how to best accomplish bringing this from digital files into a playable state, and I am really happy with my solution. After reading some threads on BGG about print and play games, I decided to first have my files printed off at a local copy shop. Nothing fancy, just print them on nice paper at the correct size. Cost: $1 per sheet, so $7.

I then went to Home Depot and got some self adhesive flooring tiles. I took a scenario card with me to find the proper thickness and found one that was spot on. It was a sorta generic rock pattern, which I also liked. At $1.20 a tile, I bought 8 which cost me just under $10. I then went home and mounted all the sheets onto the adhesive tiles. It was somewhat of a pain to cut them out, probably a few hours of work with a straightedge and heavy duty box cutter. I then clearcoated the playing surfaces to protect them, spray painted the bottoms black, and clearcoated that as well, mostly for aesthetics. I am really happy with the way these turned out. Aside from the weight, they look amazing, and while in play are almost distinguishable from the original.

Now, I still have not gotten the circular tiles finished. I did make an error with them that I should have cut the fire tokens out before mounting them to allow more room to cut the tile. Because I want to use a 1 3/4" hole drill bit to do this, but there is not room now. I will likely get that sheet reprinted and try that again. Also, take special care when cutting the inner bend of the L tiles, I did get some slight ripping that is only barely noticeable.

Hope this helps someone. I was just thinking while finishing this that I will have to get some pics and post them.

If my planet were a superball, I'd be its' mighty King.
But ruling over rubber probably doesn't mean a thing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Stories of the Undead Inferno crafting - Worldmaggot - 02-19-2011 03:52 AM