Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Ash miniature from Evil Dead (look alike)
03-04-2011, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2011 02:32 AM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Painted Oakley by Hasslefree (Hmm looks a little bit like Ash from Evil Dead...)
Hi thanks for checking this out

@Munkymuddface-always a pleasure

@phantomninja I didn't time every stage as I have done in previous stages, but I would say about three hours (I know that sounds like a lot, but think about it once you've got your fig. done it's sorted for all time). By the way if you'd like me to include painting times I will. I just didn't get much response before. Futhermore most people paint quicker than me, I'm slow.

@D153453D Good queston. First of all not at all. I don't use gloss varnish except when I paint on things like blood and swords to make 'em look wet or shine. Although nothing will give your models stronger protection with heavy gaming (getting dropped on the floor etc) than gloss varnish.

I use matt varnish myself. When you use any varnish it can make the overall colours look dull if you use too much. It's a balancing act. Yes you want to protect your models, but you also want to retain the maximum colours you've used. I've found that if you varnish your model fully with gloss it's much too shiny. Use matt it looks much more realistic in my opinion. Some people may disagree with advice I give regarding techniques and their opinions are welcomed. I have never professed my self as an expert, but we all walk different paths and I'm still learning tooWatchmen02

Hope this helps
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Painted Oakley by Hasslefree (Hmm looks a little bit like Ash from Evil Dead...) - samuraitrev - 03-04-2011 02:24 AM