Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Ash miniature from Evil Dead (look alike)
03-18-2011, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 07:34 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Painted Oakley by Hasslefree (Hmm looks a little bit like Ash from Evil Dead...)
I think I've got it. The reason the model looked shiny was, I took the shot before I'd added the spray matt varish (which really tones the shine down) unfortunatly all ready made inks and washes (for shading) have that shine the only way to avoid it is don't use them and water down your paints. That way would avoid any shineyness. However it's more time consuming and the colours aren't as sharp, they tend to look a bit patchy in my experience. Here's a photo after the matt varnish. Better?

I promise to take shots after the varnishing stage in the future I just got excited and wanted to post asap!Watchmen02
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Painted Oakley by Hasslefree (Hmm looks a little bit like Ash from Evil Dead...) - samuraitrev - 03-18-2011 10:30 PM