Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Beginner's Guide to Painting Miniatures with VIDEOS for Layering and Drybrushing (Part 3 Highlighting)
03-25-2011, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2011 12:57 AM by samuraitrev.)
RE: A Beginner's Guide to Painting Miniatures (Part 3 Highlighting)
(03-24-2011 10:25 PM)SPARTAN VI Wrote:  Very nice. I love how evenly your paint goes on! I have issues with the paint drying out as I'm applying it, which creates an undesirable brush texture.

My advice is thin your paint down.
1) Using a pipette put less than a drop of water in your pallete. This can be done by letting a drop almost come out of the end and touching it on the palette/tile.

2) Take the biggest amount you can get onto your standard sized brush and mix it up this will give you a thinner paint.

Note. Coverage will be harder so you may need two coats especially over a Black undercoat but you will get a smooth finish which looks so much better than lumpy. Hope this helps fellow painter!
(03-25-2011 01:35 AM)supervike Wrote:  Jeez, you got William already AND painted?

You're a fiend man!

Great tutorial, excellent pics.

Thanks for the compliment! More breaking news I've emailed Hasslefree about a certain librarian he's sculpting. (I got a confession out of him at the Kelham Hall Show). When I get it it'll be on here and painted before you can say (not)Giles! In fact I've just this second checked my email and Sally replied saying she would nudge him. Then Kev emailed me saying 'consider me nudged' as always you guys get the news first!Watchmen02
(03-25-2011 01:50 AM)Ryuk Wrote:  Just more of the same from me...
Great tutorial, great pics.

Thank you for letting me know you like my work it makes a huge difference, Makes me wanna paint more. Wish there were more hours!
(03-25-2011 10:04 AM)Emp Wrote:  ....I fell sillent in "AWE"...

Cheers man! If I'm ever in Belgium we'll have a beer!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Beginner's Guide to Painting Miniatures (Part 3 Highlighting) - samuraitrev - 03-25-2011 01:43 PM