Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vikinglad finally shows some painted figs
03-30-2011, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2011 09:40 AM by vikinglad.)
Vikinglad finally shows some painted figs
So after much talking about it, I finally had a little photo shoot with my painted figs. So far I have painted 4 of the original 8 in this order: Father Joe, Becky, Sher. Anderson, and Jenny. Oh ya, I also did Billy first, just in case I screwed something up the first time around (I hates Billy!). And I did. Everything was cool until the end. I used waaay too much varnish, sprayed from a bit too close, and encased him in a thick layer of solid protection. Now he is carbonite Billy. I may fix him later after I paint the rest of my figs. I may turn him into Ash. I just may keep him as is, as eternal punishment for being so completely useless.

The first thing I made, though, was this car that we now use instead of the truck. After being teased with the cardboard chit for the truck, and then realizing it had no purpose other than a marker, I decided to make a car and some rules for driving it around. You could hit zombies, crash through walls and make new doors, etc. I never tried it, just made a bunch of notes.

I am painting these with Testors Enamel paints, in all flat colors. I only have Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, Brown, tan, "Rubber" (Blackish-Brown), White, Black, and Silver. Most of these paints are from about 15 years ago, but with a bit of thinner and mixing, seem to work just fine.

After a 15-year hiatus from painting figs, I am using newly learned techniques (washing, highlighting, drybrushing) from the Samurai's Painting Tutorials, substituting the word "water" for "thinner." Here are the first two I cropped down and uploaded. I will try to get a couple more up when I have a chance.

[Image: DSC00703.JPG]

The doors on the car open, for lots of posing fun whilst playing! I took the car from my daughter, with the agreement that I have to give it back if she ever wants it. It reminds me of a campy 70's style zombie flick.

[Image: DSC00716.JPG]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Vikinglad finally shows some painted figs - vikinglad - 03-30-2011 09:28 AM