Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
first impressions
04-02-2011, 04:55 PM
RE: first impressions
Personally, I prefer the cooperative play, and I'm perfectly happy letting the board be the villain, but if you had fun, that's awesome.

I also tend to see a LOT of investigation littering the board. I've run out of Investigation in previous games, many times.

I find that KOs tend to happen towards the beginning of the game, but as the heroes gain more strength, it happens less and less. It's not unheard of for someone to lose a turn or two in a row because of getting KOed, though it's really frustrating. If it happened more than a couple times in a row, that's theoretically possible, but I've never seen it. That could be the result of villain play, particularly if the villain is getting to attack every round.

In cooperative games, I usually find a well-prepared team can make mincemeat out of 24 wounds. Everyone takes a turn to wound the Horseman, and if he's rolling 5 combat dice, that doesn't seem like it should KO anyone in a single round. (Maybe if you're the werewolf, with the hits on 4+ instead of 5+.) I'm wondering if you were doing combat and showdowns properly for a cooperative game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
first impressions - Kiddarqo - 04-02-2011, 07:04 AM
RE: first impressions - mqstout - 04-02-2011, 02:37 PM
RE: first impressions - gavindowning - 04-02-2011 04:55 PM
RE: first impressions - Old Dwarf - 04-02-2011, 05:03 PM
RE: first impressions - Emp - 04-04-2011, 09:02 AM
RE: first impressions - mqstout - 04-04-2011, 12:33 PM
RE: first impressions - Kiddarqo - 04-04-2011, 02:24 PM
RE: first impressions - Emp - 04-04-2011, 11:27 PM