Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Scenario: Release the Beast
05-04-2011, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2011 09:15 PM by nitro9090.)
New Scenario: Release the Beast
Here is a new scenario, called release the beast (attached as a pdf). It was originally going to be part of the reality game show scenario series, but I couldn't get it to fit properly. So I made it its own stand-alone game, which you can attempt to incorporate as you like but you need team work to win this one.

Since the design was based on the reality game show, the premise was that the heroes are to fight and kill a super strong beast (I suggest using other games' monsters to play for the beast, but you can be creative). To level the playing field, the heroes would run around pushing buttons while fending off zombies and each button pressed would hurt/mangle the beast in such a way that would reduce the beast's strength. So, after turn 10 the game show would withdraw all of the zombies and would release the beast in the center of the field in a dramatic way. The killer of the beast would get bonus points and pretty much be awesome. I thought it was a cool idea. It ends up I went overboard with the beasts and it was incredibly hard for 2 competing teams to defeat the beast and kill each other at the same time.

The game can run a little long, seeing as I have removed the timer from the game when the monster comes into play and some kill slowly. So, as an alternative you can start the game on turn 10 (follow the rules from there) and include, the heroes start with 8 cards in random buildings and the players together pick an X value before the game (the lower the number the harder the game for the heroes, as a rule of thumb 0-4 is a hard game, 5-6 normal, 7-10 easy).

Have fun, leave feedback and if you have any more beast designs I encourage you to share.

7/19/2011 added in the game specific rules to the bottom of the scenario pdf and cleaned up a few things.

7/21/2011 more cleanup and adjusted some rules

7/25/2011 a little overzealous these days, created another 6 monsters, then grouped the monsters by simplicity. The new ones are a bit more varied than the last set and generally more complicated. have at them!

8/7/2011 couple character updates and cleaning, last update until I can try out these monsters or I hear some feedback.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Release the beast 5.pdf (Size: 202.81 KB / Downloads: 95)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New Scenario: Release the Beast - nitro9090 - 05-04-2011 11:56 PM