Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you coordinate games?
08-15-2012, 09:54 PM
RE: How do you coordinate games?
I hate to drag up really old threads, but when I see one that seems really cool, it seems worth bringing back. Especially since I wasn't around when the thread first came up, and we are always getting new members.

As I've mentioned many times, the first time I played was when some friends introduced the wife and I to the game. I fell in love that very moment, put the game on my birthday list, and when my birthday rolled around a few months later, my wife got it for me.

This wasn't like other board games. After playing ONLY ONCE, I had already become absolutely obsessed. I wanted to play, and I wanted to play A LOT. After a few plays, I got the sense that my wife didn't enjoy it quite as much as I did. She likes the game, but I got the sense that she would be content to play every once in a while.

I could just ask that we at least play once a month, or something like that. She is my wife. But, honestly, I prefer to play with somebody who is going to enjoy it as well. I don't want to feel like I am forcing somebody to play just for my enjoyment. At the same time, I did NOT want to see this be something I got to play a couple times, and then it goes forgotten on our shelf forever. I wanted to play this again and again, and have it always eventually come back up in rotation, even if we put it away for a while.

So, I started looking into the idea of setting up a game night. I asked folks for advice here, and also posted on BoardGameGeek. I also contacted my local comic shop, as I know they did stuff like this, but wasn't sure they'd be into doing a board game night.

As it happened, they were more than happy to let me set it up. Ever since, they have run it every single Wednesday. I try to come as often as I can. I've been to most of them so far. I don't plan to go every single week. I'd honestly be happy to go once a month, but hopefully I can do even more.

So far it has gone really well. I hope it continues to, as I LOVE this game, and love getting to play. I also love that the guys bring other games that we try from time to time. I still also play with friends when I can, especially the friends who introduced us to it in the first place.

So, to sum up... if you are interested, it is definitely worth your while to try to get a game night set up at your local comic shop/hobby shop/game shop/whatever. You never known what may come of it. Besides, you don't lose anything for trying.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How do you coordinate games? - kosmium - 12-09-2008, 01:09 AM
RE: How do you coordinate games? - shadow - 12-09-2008, 04:52 AM
RE: How do you coordinate games? - Sarku - 12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
RE: How do you coordinate games? - mqstout - 12-09-2008, 10:47 PM
RE: How do you coordinate games? - mqstout - 12-14-2010, 08:14 PM
RE: How do you coordinate games? - drobuff - 12-14-2010, 09:30 PM
RE: How do you coordinate games? - Gothicincarnation - 12-14-2010, 11:55 PM
RE: How do you coordinate games? - Gothicincarnation - 12-15-2010, 10:40 AM
RE: How do you coordinate games? - Gothicincarnation - 12-15-2010, 10:07 PM