Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Do you paint your FFP game figures?
Yes. One day I will paint them all. Waghhh haa haa!!
No I can't be bothered, afford it, haven't the time, I don't feel the need.
Maybe but I don't know where to start.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have you painted your figures?
08-19-2011, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2011 12:06 AM by vikinglad.)
RE: Have you painted your figures?
(08-18-2011 10:00 PM)abomination Wrote:  I haven't painted any figures ever but am interested in doing so. does anyone have any suggestions on some good minis to start with.

You should totally try it! If you are interested, I bet you would like it. You may end up being much better than you imagined. I think it adds a whole other dimension to boardgame enjoyment, and I wouldn't have even considered painting my LNOE minis if it weren;t for this site.

When I was just learning, I used the cheap plastic army guys to practice on. Another good idea, if you need paint anyway, may be to buy a Citadel paint set that comes with figures (like a warhammer paint set). I think the price is comparable to buying the individual pots of paint, and you will get a set of free minis to practice on. I have considered doing this so I can switch over to acrylics from the enamel paints I use now.

Make sure to check out SamuraiTrev's Articles to avoid easy mistakes (not cleaning the minis first, not primering, etc.) and get some great advice on more advanced techniques as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you painted your figures? - vikinglad - 08-19-2011 12:03 AM