Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
questions about paint color and mounting of figures
02-22-2012, 07:11 PM
questions about paint color and mounting of figures
I'm gathering supplies to make my first attempt at painting minis and I bought a variety of Americana (cheap) colors to start. I forgot to think about flesh and hair, though. Can you veteran painters tell me what colors you use for skin on the heroes, skin on the zombies, and hair colors?

The colors I bought were: Hauser Dark Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Mississippi Mud, Baby Pink, Bright Yellow, Sour Apple, Slate Grey, Khaki Tan, Uniform Blue, Purple Cow, Bright Orange, and True Red.

Hmmm, typing these out I just realized I didn't get a white!! Ugh.

In addition to the paints I picked up a set of 6 hobby brushes (thin point), an X-Acto knife, a brush case, a plastic 10-well palette, brush cleaner, grey primer, and clear varnish. I hope I got the right type of primer and varnish - the items are called Gesso Grey Canvas Primer and Right-Step Water Base Clear Varnish. I know I have to find something to use as a water pot. I don't know what to do to hold the figures still for painting. I've seen photos samuraitrev put up with the figures appear to be attached by a clay-like substance to a big block of something else. I can always use a pair of pliers to hold the figure but that would mean problems if either of my hands jittered. What is the best way to keep the minis still?

Any other crucial equipment/supplies that I'm missing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
questions about paint color and mounting of figures - goodcop2000 - 02-22-2012 07:11 PM